7

That night Cordy came down for supper a runner had come and told her they were going to go on as if nothing had happened and they would continue, so they could capture the gentlemen assassin and take down Howell in the process. Apparently, a message had been sent to the King letting him know the title of Marquess of Wigin's would be passed to either Charles or Cordy's son. Whichever the king favored. Howell would no longer be entitled to the title of Marquess. Cordy found her placement at dinner was rather obvious if one had her list of beautiful men. Evan the Earl of Cheshire and Addie were on either side of her, and across from her was the handsome and rakish Viscount of Newton Vance Valentine. Cordy couldn't have asked for a better arrangement.

She turned on the charm hadn't she told Howell the night before at dinner flirting was what woman were supposed to do surrounded by beautiful men. Since all the men near her all new about her list she didn't think she needed to hide it, she would use it to flirt.

"I think I have died and gone to heaven. My dreams of being surrounded by the most beautiful men in England has now been fulfilled."

All the men laughed except for Addie who was being a sour puss.

"Cordy behave!"

Evan was the one who fueled the fire.

"Oh, for god sakes man let the lady have some fun. Haven't you a wish list of women?"

Alex glared at Evan but said nothing.

"I know I have a need to think of a list of beautiful women I would like to make friends with. I am sure woman have the same need."

Vance spoke up agreeing with Evan.

"I am glad there are men who can see woman also have needs where it concerns men. I have needs all woman do men just think of their own as if they are the only ones who have them."

Alex wasn't sure if she knew what she was saying but he damn well needed to shut her up.

"Cordy hush you don't even know what we are discussing you are being obtuse."

She stood up and placed her napkin down she was finished eating.

"Am I your grace, do you really think me as to dim witted to know what this conversation is about. I have spent two years in lady's lounges listening to the needs of women. I know what they say they need like a mans lips trailing down their body to the most personal place a man can invade, and the need that drives them to need more. But of course, I am obtuse, and I don't know anything."

She went to whisper in Addie's ear.

"I know what Lady Fitzroy said what you needed last week when you saw her a good hard spanking to teach you a lesson."

Alex's eyes grew big had Carrie told that to Cordy. Now he really needed to know what she had heard about him.

She turned to the Evan and Vance and smiled.

"If you excuse me I need to find some fresh air."

Then she walked out of the room. He didn't know where she went he wasn't even sure after her display he could find words to talk to her. It was The Duchess of Weston who got up and followed her out of the room.  Cordy was out on the balcony of the ballroom that was not in use now. Tory found her and joined her.

"I do hope my little brother didn't do anything to upset you?"

Cordy laughed.

"No, the Viscount was the perfect gentlemen he barley got a word in edge wise. For the record it wasn't the Earl either."