Chapter 12. Celebration

There's this one character Nirmal Sodhi who hasn't come in picture yet. He's there in later parts of the story.
———

Following Saturday.

Sunita and Rishi had planned to leave on Sunday, that is the very next day. But Survi stopped them and convinced them to be there till 10th September.

She however didn't reveal the reason why she specifically wanted them to be present on that day.

Ramanjeet was out of town for a few days, owing to the job.

Abhiveer's stay in Delhi for 5 days was extended for 3 more days. Dual jobs have never been easy.

After the visit to Gurudwara, Abhiveer and Survi hadn't met. But Paramjeet was all praises for Survi . She kept on talking the same things about her to Gurjeet.
It wasn't hard for Gurjeet to figure out that his wife was already liking the girl.

"Listen.." he laughed. "Just sit down."
"I am convinced Survi is a great girl! Okay?"

"What makes you laugh so much? I just said she's beautiful, generous, well behaved.."

".. respectful, calm and blah blah blah."

"Ya exactly." She smiled.

"What's cooking in your mind?"

"Why do you think there's something?"

"I read your face and mind. Come on tell me. Are you .... thinking of her ... and Abhi..?" He asked, skeptical of his last words

She nodded positively, however her face fell down. She stood up and turned around showing her back to Gurjeet.

"What happened?" He rose up from his seat and stood next to her.

"I don't think they're more than friends. It would be stupid of me to bring such a thing in front of them. This might affect their friendship.

And, we belong different states, caste, religion. Hindu and Sikh. Will their family accept if we offer a proposal."

"Oh! As much as I know Mr. Harish, he's not some old school. Don't worry. Let's not rush into things. Meet her a few more times and be sure of yourself, whether you want it or not. We'll think of other things later! Okay?"

"But what about you? You haven't ever met her."

"I know my wife, and Abhiveer's mother well. She would choose only the best for him."

"Thank you so much Gurjeet. I can never replace Veerita jiji. You gave me her place in your heart."

Survi sat idle in her cabin thinking How any day, spent with Abhiveer always have been so good.

She remembered the Gurudwara visit and smiled reminiscing the after moments that their travel to his home held.

Abhiveer had turned on some punjabi song and had told how that was his favourite song. Had that song been from a boy's point of view, it would've conveyed feelings of any boy super flawlessly. Pity, it wasn't.