Chapter 3: Somethings wrong

"Nath...?" I groaned, still half asleep, another week has started, and my foster mother was nowhere in sight.

Not bothering to change out of my Boy wonder pyjamas, I dragged my covers along with me.

Wednesday; today I was going to have my big math test, which I knew only the basics off.

I didn't bother to freak out and force myself to at least read the section we were being tested on, all I wanted was to see Nath, and, well, I gave up hope on passing the math test, I might as well get a tutor instead so I don't bother Jon to help me. I haven't contacted him since Saturday because of him having a new set of friends, I only talked when spoken too, and whenever he said he had to go, I would respond "Do what need to do, I'll be studying." which was a lie, I needed to get away from him so he wouldn't worry.

Nath got back Tuesday morning but left last night again, I was used to her travelling out of town, but for the first time, she didn't leave a note behind for me to read, to know where she was heading to for her work.

I huffed, started to feel upset as I went back to my room.

It took me at least ten minutes to find my phone, with  was scattered under a pile of graph paper and my math textbook.

I quickly dialed Nath cell number and presses my phone against my ear, it rung for a while until it finally hit voicemail. "Hello~ Nath here, I'm busy, so, if ya wanna tell me something, say it after the beep please..!"

I tried again, the same thing, the fifth time, the same thing.

"Where are you...?" I muttered, she may be working, but that doesn't mean she should be ignoring my calls. My anger melted away and was replaced with worry instead.

"Gosh...I hope nothing bad happened to her..." I didn't bother to waste a second at home, feeling something strange in my gut, telling me something was wrong. I got dressed into a green shoulder exposed blouse, with the green lantern symbol smacked in the middle, and getting my lower body into some tapered jeans.

I called the school, informing them I won't be at school today, "And why is that?" the woman which I knew was the secretary, asked, "Because something serious had happened," "Like what?" "...I think my mother is in trouble, and I think I should go check up on her?" I responded, "She has never been this late before and-" "Honey," the woman in the other line said, stopping. "That does not give you a reason to just skip school like that, if ya wanted to skip school, it would have been smart to not call at all and be on your were to delinquent hood-" "No, mam, that's not it at all," I said, "My foster mother is in trouble, I just know it, she has never been this late before, I need to go after her I need to-" "Or, you can just wait it out, since you did mention your mother goes on business trips a lot," she argued, "How about you come to school, and call her later, I'm sure everything will be fine, if not, we call always contact the authorities and let them-" I slammed the receiver, ending the call before I said anything rude to the woman. She doesn't know Nath, and she thinks of me of some student wanting to get out of school, worst of all, she though I couldn't handle or get to her, even if I tried. "If you want something done right, you has to do it yourself."

Instead of going to school, I went ahead and took the public bus to go to a certain place, Metropolis may be safer than Gotham, but that doesn't mean crooks here are friendlier either, one wrong move, like upsetting a bank robber, and you can bet your life that...you won't have one, unless your lucky and Superman made it in time.

The bus ride was anything but luxury, being elbowed by people twice my age to my sides was just uncomfortable and it was straight out annoying, although, I did know that it wasn't their fault. I only hoped that I didn't seat on old chewed up gum, I remember just sitting on a random seat as a kid, and founding out afterwards something small and sticky was pointed out to be stuck on my pants.