Chapter 15: Lights out

" Didn't you say a few blocks?"

Jon reminded, right after Jack got us off the bus last, it was when it really has been late at night. We took a ten-minute walk, then we took a look at the building in front of us, distant from the other houses that we saw in the quiet neighbourhood. Out of all of them, multicolour lights from inside shone, sprouting all over the place, attractions attention with noise and it's flashing lights.

A semi-detached house, it wasn't small compared to a regular one, it was massive and had two other building beside it, with the exact same height. People spilled the sides, some were dancing to the music playing, others were just drinking their beverage from plastic cups or eating from plates.

"We're here." Jack ignored Jon, approaching the place. The house main walls were made with fading grey and dark brown bricks. Vertical windows, four of them at the front. The bushes near the cemented path leading the front door were left untrimmed, laughter erupted near my left, where a group were chatting about, they took one look at us and silenced as we approach the door.

"Were crashing the party." I realized the situation beforehand, maybe coming here was a bad idea after all.

"Cheer up," my new friend nudged me, walking to my left, "You'll enjoy yourself, that's a promise."

The closed-door can barely contain the music playing, it was pulsing to every beat the music played.

"We'll stick together," I turned to the Jon, as Jack turns the golden colour doorknob, the small window on the pearl white door had frosted dark colour glass.

"Yeah, we'll-"

The door swings open, I took in every detail of what I've gotten myself into, as light trap music played.

Roughly two hundred people around our age packed the main floor, dancing to electronic music playing, with base heavier than the statue of Superman at the park where we live. The middle of the room was declared the dance floor, as everyone outside the circle did their own things, such as eating, talking.

From a distance, I stared at the dark window located near the back of the house, a guy dressed in only green shorts, with his knees pressed against his chest, hand tucked behind his leg, jump into the unknown, resulting to water spilled everywhere.

'She has a pool...in the backyard, neat.'

"There party is already looking lit," Jack commented, looking over the crowd, before his eyes settled on the base, as the beat picks up.

"It's...cool," Jon said, trying to be familiar and use to his new surroundings.

A girl came out of the crowd, stumbling, wearing a tight, spaghetti strap red top, black leather mini skirt wrapped securely on her hip and pearl white ankle stripe heels. Her brownish brown hair was held in a high ponytail but curled. The mascara she added really made her eyes light blue eyes pop up, her lipstick matched the colour of the top she currently wore.

Missy Rina welcomed the boy's with open arm, literally, pulling down to her height and embracing them, causing my stomach to stir unpleasantly, her voice was higher than usual, as she only talked to the boys.

"It's great to have you two here," she turned to the boy wearing glasses, "Jon, your welcome here anytime." she closed one eye in a flirtatious way, causing Jon cheeks to slightly reddening.

"Oh-thank you."

Her ponytail flipped the opposite direction as she turned to Jack next, "Nice of you to accept my invitation after I offered it plenty of times." she sounding more teasing than angered.