Chapter 12: Knave

"Every villain is a hero in his own mind." - Tom Hiddleston

A/n: working on this for three weeks, had a lot going on couldn't edit much, but I am alive, and second semester is here! *Break dances* Tks for the support and your feedback, AND KEEP BEING AWESOME YOU GUYS, YOU ROCK!

I tried going back to sleep, pulling my red comforter over my head, ignoring the sight of yellow rays of light sneaking through the curtains, ignoring the fact that it was already morning, and restart my sleeping cycle to get another try of good night sleep. For hours, I tried every possible way to avoid the sight of the dead boy, looking for ways to get away, it that plan failed, I would be forcing the nightmare about being attacked by a zombie version of Brian out my mind, and the boy, the image remained there, clear and untouched. It got less disturbing looking directly into Brian's no existing eyes, but the thought of him still makes me shiver, and not in a pleasant way.

I tried ignoring the idea of me being slightly different from what Robin expected, but the topic became all I thought about if Brian didn't overwhelm my mind. Ever since I got back from last night, has decided to face the day, drained, walking downstairs, to get my breakfast for the day.

Heck, I tried acting like yesterday never happened, it wasn't real, and all of this was just in my head. Asenath hasn't made things any better as she acted completely different, walking into the kitchen, in with a different attitude, as I sat, crossed legged in my Green lantern corps short sleeve nightgown, eating nothing but cereal, that went soggy when I haven't touched it yet. She was all dressed up in her usually feminine suit, ready to head back to work after a week looking after my sorry behind. "You shouldn't worry so much." I conciliated, putting both my hands on my crossed legs. It was either me, or she put on a fancy amount of makeup, she looked awfully similar to a lifelike version of a porcelain doll. In short, too fragile, if you were to touch her, she would shatter to pieces.

"I'll be fine, I've to stay back again anyway, and I'll go home straight away," I promised, staring as she paced back and forth, getting what she needed for the day, careful not to miss anything in particular.

"Or...you can take the public bus back home, on your own, I'll be staying late." "Sure." I ignored the leftover cereal in my polka dotted red bowl, tipping the bowl to drink the remaining milk, placing back on the table afterwards.

"...Okay..." She carried paperwork, to what seems like she wrote a twenty paged essay, dropping it over her- excuse me-our laptop we shared. My eyes trailed upwards, noticing her baggy eyes under that makeup of hers. "You never sleep anymore..." I sight out.

Nath chuckled slightly, looking at me as she continued to set up, "No, not often."

"You're worried..." I muttered, "Scared, scared for us, for me..." "What? No...I am but." "You don't have to lie like that, Asenath, I'm scared too.." I lowered my eyes to the kitchen floor, enveloping my arms around myself.

"(y/n)..." her voice became softer, feeling less tense. Here, it was now or never, I need to get the answers, if I could just get a clue about my origin, and clear things up.

"Do you think we can try...and talk about my parents again?" Her passionate glow had disintegrated and was replaced by none other than sullen, the type of thing I was trying to avoid in the first place. "Hurry up and get to school, (y/n)," she demanded, reaching for the front door. "You wouldn't want to be late." "Nath, please, I just want-" the slammed door was audible, that I heard our next door neighbour complaining. "..Answers..". I sighed a little troubled. She was right though, I still need to head to school. I rose up from my chair, disposing my now empty bowl into the stainless steel sink thinking, that I might actually be metahuman after all.