Chapter 11: I Would Like Ice Cream Please

Jericho's Border:

"We should at least agree to say something about Markus' condition," Simon tried again with Josh and North. Without their leader, and with Cyberlife's disaster, things were getting serious. Without Markus, it fell to those closest to him. North wanted to make sure none of the humans could cross over. She was his lover, and seen as second in control since she was signing orders for Connor.

However, Simon and Josh also had some power in the situation. While he was lover to North, he was family with them, and they were right next to Markus during the fight to gain rights. Jericho decided that all three would have to represent the situation.

"Jericho does not want conflict," Josh agreed with Simon. "If the humans want to know why all communication stopped, we need to do this, North."

"It was a mistake for him to do all that," North said. "It was easy at first, but it all just got too big. He always put it all on himself. He'd share some, but never enough." North didn't even answer them about conflict.

"Jericho is free. This is not like before," Simon tried to persuade North. "Humans are not going to try to come in to kill us."

"I would," North disagreed. "Markus is down and no one knows what is wrong with him except that he's alive." She was having a hard time coping with that. "For all we know, the humans could have done something to him."

"That's impossible," Josh pointed out. "Humans can't enter our own separate minds like that, or Jericho wouldn't even exist. I vote we talk to the humans."

"I vote we talk to the humans," Simon agreed. He looked back at North. "You know Marcus. You know what he-"

"I know what he would want." She yelled it, but then paused. "He'd want. He'd want communication." She looked toward Simon and Josh. "But the games, this is the perfect time for someone to try and shoot someone, or try and kidnap someone for their own twisted greed. Some androids are worth a whole lot, I'm sure there's at least one person out there waiting for the opportunity."

"Then, don't give them it," Josh said. "Tell all the androids with the rarest numbers to move back to the central of Jericho. Meanwhile."

"If we don't do something," Simon said. "Then there won't be a chance to communicate. They will enter Jericho by force, or our supplies will run out."

North stomped her foot. "Markus."

"And Connor," Simon pointed out. "Just stopped somehow. Maybe he could have been helpful." He looked back out toward the crowd of humans. Most were the police, with some being press. "We should do this like Markus would." He took the first steps forward.

Hotel Outside Jericho

"Pizza. Pizza, pizza." She felt out of it, sitting on her hotel bed staring at the pizza she ordered. It wasn't nearly as appetizing as the little candies the attendant had. She took another bite. There was nothing wrong with it, and it was stopping the growling in her tummy that was annoying her, but, It didn't appeal to her. "I like sweet. I want sweet."

"I want."

"Hm?" Elijah had turned his head to notice her. "What is it you want, Kara?"

Kara moved over past the pool where the blonde pair were playing around. She sat down with him in his eating area and touched his tiramisu. "I want to taste that. Sweet." She laid her head affectionately down on the table. "I want to taste like you."

Elijah smiled at her with his odd raised eyebrow. "Androids have so many more significant benefits for the tongue. You really want to lose all of those and taste like a human?"