Prologue

.
.
.
Cold,
.
.
.
was the temperature of the saltwater spraying like little pricks of ice against my skin.
.
.
.
My legs, cross-legged on a rock that the ocean has been shaping close to the beginning of time.
.
.
.
My hands, rested on my knees, relaxed in a cup-shaped form. Taking in the calm yet violent waves.
.
.
.
I wore a loose blue tank that flowed violently with the wind and sea spray that fell like hail from the sky.
.
.
.
My bare legs shivered slightly at the cold, but I knew better than to stand up and walk away.
.
.
A loud crash sounded and vibrated through the rock I was sitting on. I felt it,
.
There was a new tide
.
.
.
The water fell on top of me like a waterfall. It wanted to pull me in, coax me at first. Before it became violent and wanted to drag me into the destructive waters.
.
.
I however stood firm, like a tree rooted to the rock I had made my home.
.
I couldn't feel anything but the water dripping from my face, and down onto my shoulders that shivered every now and then.
.
.
It was the brisk numbness that traveled like a cold.
.
.
.
I opened my eyes, my hair falling straight down with little clear liquid droplets trickling like a leaky faucet.

I blinked a few times as the saltwater droplets fell on my lashes. Causing my sight to blur the dismal colors of the dark morning sky.
.
.
I noticed another wave ready to strike through my blurred vision.
.
I glared at it, displaying no fear. I wouldn't let the 13-foot wave startle me, or make me want to leave. I must face it, like a tree rooted to this rock.
.
.
However, my gut told me to not risk it and run. I would get sucked into the ocean and never be seen or heard of again.
.
My mind persisted, screaming at the other opinion of staying on this rock.
.
Both continued to argue in my mind. Shouting for me to run away, or to stay. I found running to be cowardly, and I couldn't run anyway.
.
.
I had to overcome my fear of crashing into the rocks and likely banging my head open and bleeding to death.
.
.
.
As the wave fell, the water pulled me back with so much force I felt my palm scrape the rough surface of the rock.
.
.
I took a breath as I recovered from the shock of being pulled back.
.
I looked down at my palm as the wave receded back into the dark navy sea, a thick red liquid oozed out of the gash in my hand.

From what I could tell, it was pretty deep. Despite the deep wound, it would heal eventually in the span of time.
.
.
.
I rubbed my finger over the wound and it stung slightly, but the red oozing liquid caused my mind to flash.
.
.
.
Blood, dripping from my hand, then my mind drifting away from the waves and into the war.
.
.
I was stupid to think I was going to win.
.
Everyone I knew around me was corrupted, fighting for something that wasn't obtainable.
.
.
They worked with the monsters that had tried to kill us.
.
For their bloodlust, hunger, and vengeful hate.
.
Which I too once had. That monster, my monster. The monster that lives inside of me is still present.
.
I can't get rid of it, I can't destroy it, I can't even talk to it.
.
I remember I had bloodlust, anger, and hatred as I attacked my kin.
.
Sons and Daughters of the gods, my brethren, family.
.
.
I injured many, with my sword in hand. I was completely taken over, only red in my vision, until.
.
I was attacked from behind,
.
I could see the swing a mile away, I readily dodged it.
.
.
I was about to strike my sword through the person's gut, but I hesitated.
.
I don't remember what this person looked like, but I knew he was a boy.
.
He had this thing in his eyes, he didn't want to hit me with his sword. He didn't want to fight me.
.
We stood there, our swords down, I felt my monster start to disappear with the wind that wept around us.

I could still feel the grime and blood that stuck to my face. I touched my face and looked at my hand, blood like a dark withered rose.
.
.
Everything around me slowed and soon I realized what I had done.
.
.
I dropped my sword. I was only fourteen at the time.
.
.
I remembered looking down at my grime-covered hands again. I was shaking, my arms crossed over myself, feeling the urge to throw up as I finally gained my morality.
.
Pandora's box finally closed.
.
My hair blew over my shoulder as if it was speaking to me saying, "now you know."
.
All I could remember thinking was 'what have I done' over and over in my head. I was completely traumatized.
.
Then something else happened, it was always fuzzy but now it seemed clearer. I remembered seeing another boy. He had the same bloodlust in his eyes, anger, and hatred. He was just as lost as I once was. His sword was gleaming with shiny red metal, which were likely stains.
.
He charged at the boy who came against me. The boy didn't seem to notice faster than I did.
.
Then I remembered picking myself up and my sword finding something else to do than shrivel up on the floor.
.
I blocked the attempted strike, my feet sliding across the ground. My sword interlocking with the opposer.
.
.
I remembered his mouth moving, saying something to me. A snarl on his face, I managed to push his sword off and I stood protectively in front of the boy behind me. Despite my fatigue.
.
.
.
The boy behind me stood stunned, but the same curiosity in his eyes.
.
.
He was suspicious, his grip on his sword was tighter.
.
All I remember was what I said, and did. I looked at my sword. "I'm done, with this war," I remember.
.
.
"We have to stop fighting each other, whether we hate the gods or not, this vengeance won't get me anywhere and neither will it you,"
.
I threw my sword to the ground and it clattered away.
.
.
"I'm done with fighting and you should be too,"
.
.
Then everything from that point was blank. Darkness was all I remembered.
.
.
-
.
.
I snapped back to reality and there were no more waves left to challenge me and the ocean was calm.
.
.
.
There wasn't any violence left there so I stood up. Looking up at the sky. It was almost noon so, I decided it was about time.
.
.
I turned and climbed down from the rocks. Leaving my little meditating session.
.
.
.
I slid down the last rock and onto the soft white sand.

I went over to my backpack and sandals that I left hidden behind a bush and grabbed them.
.
.
I walked over to the nearest bathroom and changed out of my soaking wet clothes and put them in a plastic bag, then pulled on a loose T-shirt and denim shorts.

Finally I pulled out my zip-up hoodie and slid my arms through the sleeves. Pulling the hood over my head, I stuffed the plastic bag in the backpack and slid into my sandals.

When that was done I pulled out a journal and pen, holding onto them as I walked out of the stall.

I casually walked out fidgeting with the necklace wrapped around my wrist as I thought about what I'd write down.
.
.
Until I was writing in the journal, as I walked down the busy streets.
.
People were walking past me slightly glancing with a look of disgust or confusion.
.
I wrote down what I found in my memories, that I didn't want to forget. How that boy's look made the monster inside disappear. He didn't look at me with hate and disgust.
.
Instead, he looked at me as if he was forced to fight me, I couldn't find the word, sympathy?
.
I soon felt myself bump into someone's shoulder, on instinct I closed my journal. I turned to see who bumped into me.
.
.
However, that person, whoever it was; was gone. I accidentally dropped my pen as that person collided with my shoulder so I picked it up and looked back.
.
Searching through the crowds of people to maybe spot whoever bumped into me to figure out if it was a friend or foe.
.
Lucky for me however, I wasn't able to see who it was, so I continued to walk on, with a more clear destination in my head. I knew something; Something they didn't. I need to get to the Camp.

____________________________________

Heyo! The story has finally started. This as you probably already know is a Percy Jackson Fanfiction and yes if I'm writing one it probably means I'm a HUGE fan of the books. Also, I'll try and post as many chapters as I can, but for now, I have the Prologue ready for you!

And I can't forget but I have to mention, without this certain person's help with the story, I wouldn't have even gotten the idea of writing it. So thank you kalisolace77 for writing it with me.