The Football Game [evanstan]

"Are you kidding me!? Another penalty!"

It was Sunday, and the Pats were playing their first game of the season. Chris had been super excited all week, and practically counting down the days until he got to see his favorite team play again. His boyfriend, Sebastian, on the other hand had been somewhat dreading the start of the season. It's not that Sebastian didn't like football, he actually didn't mind watching a game every now and then, but Chris was a hardcore football fan. Chris would watch every game that came on, and he even had his own fantasy league which he was pretty successful in. He was also obsessed with his favorite player, Tom Brady. Sebastian thought it was cute how much Chris admired the quarterback, and loved to watch Chris get excited everytime Brady would play. It's just sometimes he would find himself feeling a bit jealous of all the attention Chris gave the football player. Especially on days like these, when Chris would sit for almost four hours on the couch watching the game while he would find things to do around the house waiting for it to end. Sebastian had been in the kitchen washing the dishes when he heard Chris shouting at the TV in an angry voice, which wasn't unusual when he was watching football. But, Sebastian thought that maybe he would go into the livingroom and sit and watch the game with him since he couldn't think of anything else to do, and it was almost time for it to end anyway.

"What's wrong?" Sebastian asked sitting on the couch beside Chris.

Chris sighed, "we lost another fifteen yards."

Sebastian nodded and looked at the TV, "at least the game's tied. I mean you guys could be losing."

"Yeah, but I was hoping we could get another touchdown and that way we wouldn't have to go into overtime. But, it looks like that's where we're headed!" Chris sighed again and turned down the TV since the game went to commercial.

"Overtime? Wow, football games last forever," Sebastian said muttering the last part prompting Chris to let out a small laugh.

"They aren't that long, Seb."

Sebastian looked over at Chris who was slumped on the couch, "aren't that long? Chris, you've been in front of this TV for three hours!"

"It doesn't seem that long when you're watching and invested in the game."

"Well, it seems that long when you're wandering around the house, bored, and wanting to do something with your boyfriend."

Chris smiled and put his arm around Sebastian, "are you jealous...of the football game?"

Sebastian huffed and leaned his head on Chris' shoulder, "maybe."

"Seb, c'mon, you mean way more than some football game."

Chris turned his head to place a kiss on top of Sebastian's head, making Sebastian smile and move to press his lips against Chris'. Chris kissed Sebastian back forgetting about the rest of the game that had returned from commercial. As the kiss intensified, Sebastian moved to straddle Chris' lap feeling Chris' hands move to his hips. When they both ran out of breath, they pulled away, foreheads resting on one another's.

Sebastian panted, "Chris, one more thing..."

"What is it?"

"You love me more than Tom Brady, right?"

Chris laughed, "of course I do, now shut up so I can kiss you."