Chapter 10: With a boy

Jordan's POV-

I scroll through my Instagram, getting a text from a number not saved in my phone. I smiled widely, already knowing who texted me even though the number is unfamiliar. I clicked on the text, smiling more.

{text messages}

Jesse- hey 👋

Me- heyy

Jesse- I wanted to know if you wanna go to the movies with me?

Me- yeah sure!

Jesse- awesome! want me to pick you up?

Me- sure, but warning, I have an older brother...

Jesse- oof okay, see ya in 20?

Me- yes see ya 😄

{end}

I smile, putting down my phone and lets out a deep sigh. Thinking of how I should tell Michael I'm going out with a friend who's a boy and that is not gay. I got up and slowly made my way to Michael's room but then I thought about it for a second and decided to go talk to Luke first. I went to his room and the door was closed. I lightly knocked on it.

"Come in," he said. I opened the door and bit my lip. "Hey, Jordan, what's up?"

"Hey... well, in 20 minutes my Jesse is coming to pick me up and bring me to the movies and I wanna go but I'm scared to ask Michael if I can go because its with a boy and he's not gay and Cam said he has a crush on me," I said very fast and in one sentence, causing me to be out of breath. He just stared at me, unsure of what to say.

"Can you repeat that, but say it clearly, please?" he said, biting his lip. I sighed and sat down on his bed.

"In 20 minutes my friend is coming over and he-"

"He?" Luke said, cutting me off. I took a deep breath and nodded slowly.

"Yes, he. And it's not Cam. His name is Jesse and he wants to bring me to the movies. He'll be here in like 15 minutes and I'm scared to tell Michael," I said. He nodded, smiling slightly.

"Well, you should tell Michael, I know he won't freak out..... that bad," he said. I looked at him seriously.

"Luke.... when I told him I became friends with Cam he asked if Cam was a boy or girl. He's gonna freak out," I said. Luke sighed, looking down and nodded.

"Well you gotta tell Mike sometime," he said.

"I know, and I-"

"Tell Mike what?" Michael said, standing in the doorway with his eyebrow raised. I bit my lip hard.

"Michael... I'm going to the movies.... with a boy,"