Chapter 2: Aboard the Hogwarts Express

Harry, Ron, and Hermione sat in the compartment of the Hogwarts Express as it made its way through the green countryside towards Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Harry, Ron, and Hermione sat in the compartment of the Hogwarts Express as it made its way through the green countryside towards Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Hermione had her nose in the Daily Prophet which had the event at the Quidditch World Cup on the front page. She sat closest to the window with Ron next to her. An animated picture of the infamous Dark Mark, a skull with a snake protruding from its mouth, floated on the paper above the tents which had been burned to ash. Harry sat across from Hermione.

"Anything from the trolley?" a woman called, bustling down the aisle of the train. Ron stood up and Harry followed, both always in the mood for something sweet. Ron looked down at the coins in his hand and realized he didn't have much.

"I've got it, Ron." Harry said as Ron sat back down, "What do you want?"

"Oh thanks, mate." Ron said, "I'll have a packet of drewballs and a licorice wand." Harry nodded and went out the compartment where an older woman was pushing around the trolley full of candy. Before he could ask for anything a voice spoke up.

"Two Pumpkin Pasties, please." the voice said and Harry looked up to see Aria, making the exchange with the elderly trolley woman. Aria and Harry had not seen each other since the Quidditch World Cup. "Harry!" she exclaimed upon noticing him.

"Anything sweet for you dear?" the old woman asked Harry.

"No, thank you." Harry said, not paying much attention to her and the old woman pushed the trolley past him and continued her rounds.

"Aria!" Harry said with a smile, "How are you?"

"I'm so sorry." she said stepping closer to him. He was confused momentarily as to why she would be apologizing, "I had to find my dad and we got separated."

"Did you find him?" Harry asked.

"Yes, he was looking everywhere for me too." she said with a smile, "It's remarkable that we even found each other. But once we did we went straight back to the portkey." Her smile faded and she looked worried, "But what about you? They say you saw the Dark Mark in person."

Harry looked around as there were a few students switching compartments and a few chasing after the trolley. "You better come back to my compartment." he said. Aria nodded and followed.

"This is horrible." Hermione was saying as the two entered, "How can the ministry not know who conjured it? Isn't there security or-" She then looked up at Harry and Aria. "Aria!"

"Hi everyone." Aria said with a smile before realizing she was lingering in the tight doorway. She took a seat awkwardly across from Hermione. "How are you?"

Harry took a seat across from Ron who had been expecting his sweets, "I'd be better if Harry brought me my licorice wand." Ron said.

"You can have mine if you want?" Aria offered, holding out the Pumpkin Pasties to Ron.