Chapter 4: The Weighing of the Wands

Just like that, Harry was the second Hogwarts champion and according to Barty Crouch Sr

Just like that, Harry was the second Hogwarts champion and according to Barty Crouch Sr., he had to compete. There were now four Triwizard champions. There were mixed emotions about this. Many Gryffindors congratulated Harry, some stating that they were proud to have a Gryffindor champion and others congratulating him on how smart he was to cheat his name into the Goblet. Mostly everyone called him a cheater behind his back even though Harry stuck by the fact that he didn't, in fact, put his name in the Goblet. Many Hufflepuffs and other people against Harry didn't like the fact that he cheated and felt like Cedric was the one true champion. One of the people who disliked Harry at the time was Ron. He and Harry had row the night Harry's name came out of the Goblet. Aria did not know all the details, all she knew, was that somehow she had become the filler in the friend relationship. When Harry and Hermione were together, Ron would spend time with Aria. When Ron and Hermione were together, Harry would spend time with Aria. Aria was not sure how she integrated herself into this dynamic, but she wasn't going to complain that someone actually wanted to be her friend.

It was about a week later and everyone in the Gryffindor common room was making their way to bed. Aria and Ron had been visiting Hagrid and had made it back to the Common Room about the time of curfew. As they approached the entrance, they heard voices inside. They looked at each other, having assumed everyone would be in their dormitories by now. They entered to find only Harry standing in front of the fireplace.

"Who were you talking to?" Ron asked rudely.

"What?" Harry asked, "Who says I was talking to anyone?"

"We heard voices." Ron replied.

"Maybe you're imagining things." Harry said. The tension between the two was very apparent to Aria. "Wouldn't be the first time."

"You're probably just practicing for your next interview, I expect." Ron replied bitterly before heading up the stairs to the boy's dormitory. Harry turned around quickly to look back at the fire as if he were expecting it to change.

"He'll come around." Aria said as Harry still faced the fire.

"I suppose Ron has tried to turn you against me?" Harry said, turning around and taking a seat in front of the fire. Aria went over and took a seat next to him.

"Harry, I could tell by the look on your face that you didn't put your name into the Goblet." Aria said with an encouraging smile that made Harry feel loads better. "Hermione and I both stand with you. I suspect Ron is just jealous."

Harry looked at her and could see the genuineness in her eyes. "Thanks, Aria." he said smiling, "I appreciate it." The two then looked back at the warm, crackling fire.

"So, have you thought about what you're going to do?" Aria asked after a beat, although she already knew the answer.

"Haven't the foggiest." Harry replied truthfully, "Survive?"