goner girls

the other goner girls in the home with us are Robin, Venus, and Keira.

Robin died at 14 of a morphine overdose, injected into her by a doctor.

She doesn't know if it was an accident or not.

Venus was only 10 when she became a goner girl, dying similarly to saffie and I in a drunk car crash.

She says she'll never forgive her father for that, and I don't blame her.

Keira was 13 when she died, losing her battle with depression.

She's not much happier now and doesn't think it was worth it.

I'm small, standing no taller than 5"0 and diminutive in size.

My hair is blonde, short and wavy, not making it past the middle of my neck.

My eyes a denim blue and my cheeks dotted with freckles

I wear dresses often, and yellows my favorite color.

I play piano, not very well though as lessons stopped for obvious reasons.

Saffie is taller than me, also heavier.

He hair is long and strait, and a deep brown the color of dark chocolate

Her kaleidoscope eyes could change the world,and her smile lights up the night.

She would of been 15 now if she was alive.

Saffie loves to sing, often she asks me to play a song so she can accompany it.

Her voice is nice and sweet and bubblegum pink, when words rolling off her tongue it tastes like lollipops.

I love when she sings la vie en rosè.

I think that's my favorite song.

Robin is only a bit taller than me, and has just a bit more meat on her bones than Keira does.

Her hair is a fair red and as curly as Venus's

It's short like the pretty girls hair.

she would of been nearly 16 too.

like me she has freckles, but a sky full of stars worth lays upon her ashen skin.

Constellations cover her beautifully.

She has an IV in her right arm that she can't take out.

her eyes are an emerald green shielded by a pair of glasses, with big circle glass that have gold rims to them.

Robin and her family moved from Great Britain when she was 4, making her have an accent still, despite being around so many americans.

I like it though, she calls sweaters jumpers and ladybugs ladybirds, and says pasta in a funny way. Also scones, I can't take her seriously when she says " scons"

The differences in how we speak makes it much more interesting to talk to her.

Venus Is short, shorter than anyone else in the home,

Even me.

Her dark dark brown hair creates an afro around her head

her skin is a milk chocolate brown, and her eyes a dark hazel.

She would of been 13 now if she were still living.

Her two front teeth have a very small gap between them, somehow making her smile a bit cuter.

she's just skin and bone and told me she only weighed 80 pounds when she was alive.

Venus, ironically, is obsessed with space.

Her and I love to sit in the roof of the home and stargaze.

Ask her anything from the amount of moons saturn has to the distance between pluto and the sun and she could tell you.

Saffie loves to sing that old song to her,

I don't know what it's called, but the chorus goes,

" oh venus, oh venus, make my dreams come true..." And sadly that's all i can remember.

She'll hum it and sing it around the home as she sways.

It makes Venus smile, her imperfect teeth showing every time making her feel so yellow.

If you bring up Venus's father her expression will melt away to an empty, gray look, one you don't want to see.

Like saffie and I, she has glass in her arms and chest.

Keira has straight black hair that goes down to her mid back, always in 2 dutch braids.

Her frame is small and her legs are long, she's the eldest of all the girls in the home now at 17.

Her eyes are big and a piercing blue, more of a cerulean than mine.

She's soft spoken and hates the marks on her neck.

The lacerations from giving herself the rope.

It was hard to get her to open up, and she's the only friend that'd make you cry.

her stories are heavy and her mind a swirling dark gray,her smile stitched on sometimes and her laugh forced at some points.

Keira is a music enthusiast to say the least.

her earbuds always in and her foot always tapping along.

I think it's the only thing that gives her joy at some points.

If it's not music she's consumed in it's a book.

She sits on her bottom bunk alongside Robin with her head down as she transports herself into a different world.

Robin likes to sit on the bed with her, enjoying her company the most out of all of us.

These have become my friends over the course of the past almost four years now, and the bond we share could be described as inseparable.

This is my family now.

A family made of the broken

a family of goner girls.