its been fun

The twelfth anniversary of my death has come. It's time to make a decision.
We've already said goodbye to Saffie and Venus, and I miss them dearly.

I was 3, in fact it was my birthday party. I wore a polka dot bikini with ruffles and a small sun hat, and and jumped around happily in the sprinklers shower of water with some of my older cousins. Martin wasn't around yet, it was just me. I had so much fun that day, and I still remember it.

And then I was 4. My mom was holding Martin in her arms and a picnic basket in the other while I dashed to the swing over the hills of our back property. The swing hung from a tree that stood solo in the middle of a field, and it made a beautiful picnic spot. My little red dress couldn't keep up with me, and it flew in the wind behind my body as I dashed. Then I stopped running, I stopped because I saw a very pretty flower. Then I looked more and I saw hundreds of those pretty baby blue flowers. I started picking them, holding them in my tiny little hands. When my mom caught up with me, she smiled. She kneeled down to me and arranged the flowers in my hair and in my pockets. I was the flower princes, and nothing could make me happier. We had a lovely picnic, and that was when I first was trusted enough to hold Martin.

Soon I was 5, and I was in kindergarten. I didn't really have friends, except for ones that didn't live close to us at all. Their mother was friends with mine when they were in highschool and college, and that's how we knew each other. Getting picked up from school was somewhat of a rare occasion for me, my mom was usually busy when school was over so most of the time I just rode the bus. But one time, she came and picked me up. I cheerily walked down to the entrance, the yellow note saying she was picking me up in my little hand. She said we couldn't go to the playground, and I was at first sad, but when I got in the car, my bags were packed and Martin was sitting in the back seat in his car chair. there were pillows and blankets and even some yummy snacks. Then my mom told me we were going to stay at a hotel next to a waterpark for 3 whole nights, and I got to miss school the next day! And to top that off, we'd be meeting up with my friends, whose names are Ezra and Monet. I had such a fun time on that trip, and I remember vividly Monet and I going down to the indoor waterpark at night. The water was warm and the pools were lit up by underwater lights, and even a couple stars could be seen In the night sky. The play structure had slides and stairs and other fun things, but it was so much cooler at night. I wish I could go on that trip one more time, because I had the time of my life.

And then I was 6, and I was on one of the town soccer teams. Almost every kid in the district was involved in soccer one season or another, and 6 years old  was my first year. There was about a month of practice at the beginning of the season, and practices were held in a big field at the back of a playground named Castle Park. then games started up. Every Saturday morning you'd go against another team or watch another team play, the best part- there was a concession stand that you could go to, and i always either got a cotton candy ring pop or a roll of that hubba bubba tape gum that's I can't remember the name of. After your game you could go to the park with your friends. Castle Park was different than most parks, it had a million passageways and tunnels and it was all made of wood and metal. There were monkey bars and ladders and slides and It was all so much fun. Days like those are the ones I miss.

7 came next, and it was my trip to Yosemite. Yosemite is a very beautiful place, only about a 3 or 4 hour drive from my house. We got up super early in the morning to drive there. The air was sweet and cold and the stars were still up.I was  packed up in the backseat with Martin like when i was five going to the water park, dozing off to sleep as it was probably 3am. before I knew it we were there and setting up our tent. Now, this was the point where Martin started talking fluently, which meant he could annoy me. Martin liked to throw things at me if he could sometimes, but otherwise he was calm. oh boy did I get a lot of grapes thrown at me. Well that's besides the point, We got to go up to half dome, and it was probably one of the most pretty places i've been. there were friendly squirrels there that stole my moms pistachios. That trip was quite fun, and i'll miss the sights and memories i made there.