falling

Saffie was off today.

I knew she was thinking of demitri.

She didn't want to speak to anyone in the home.

Robin and I sat on the roof together.

It was a cloudy day, and sure to downpour at any moment.

"So how's your live family doing?" I asked, breaking the silence we held for a little while.

Robin sighed, "My grandfather's quickly going off his rocker and sure to be popping through that portal soon." She motioned toward that swirling red abyss, ghost filing through every second.

"Will be happy you get to speak with him again?" I asked.

"Well yes certainly, but you know, all my living family will miss him more than I ever had here, also, he's, how do I put this, well, he's insane. Loopy in the head, y'know? It's hard to hold out a conversation when he insists that 'Germans stole his legs' and 'my aunt tried to microwave 3 baby birds" She did air quotes around her grandfather's stories.

"Wow" Was all I could respond with. I stared off blankly into the streets, where people carried out lives as normally as they could.

"What about you, how's your family doing?" Robin asked me.

I smiled to myself, thinking about Martin.

"Martin got a little girlfriend" I said.

"How old's he?' Robin's words were always slurred or flowed together like cursive when she was down or tired. You learn to understand her though, after the years i've spent alongside her.

"He's 12 now, soon to be 13" 12. That's how old I was when it happened. I froze up for a second, flinching as the word left my mouth.

"What's her name?" Robin asked.

"Nicole" I answered. Nicole was sweet and pink like Saffie but she had a bit of a sour side to her. Of course raining as one of the more popular girls in Martin's grade is was almost presumable that she'd be a bit bratty.

I was happy for Martin though, He's more popular than I ever was in 7th grade. Also it's cute to see a 7th graders depiction of love.

"Awe I remember when I had a little boyfriend, his name was Michael and I'm pretty sure he dated me just because he liked my accent" Robin's words became more clear as she cheered up.

"Were you ever in a relationship?" She asked.

"No" I answered simply.

"Well yeah I suppose there weren't many out an open lesbians in your year 8, or you call it 'seventh grade" She tried to do an american accent while she said the last two words but didn't really succeed.

I smiled and laughed a bit. "Maybe sometime soon i'll find another goner girl like me" I smiled at the thought of dating someone, but then I remember Demitri.

Honestly I don't know how my mind could have such high hopes as to being in a relationship with a living girl. There's plenty of reasons as to why that'd be impossible.

One of the biggest reasons, She's alive, i'm not, and I don't think she's dying anytime soon.

I barely even know her, I know her name and the fact that she's Saffie's sister, and that's it.

For all I know she could be a boy loving straight as can be heterosexual girl, who's to say she likes girls as well.

Also, How could a galaxy like her think anything of a tiny star like me? I'm absolutely nothing. For gods sake i'm dead!