~9~

8-1-18
Olivia had betrayed me. I can't believe I had fallen for her stupid game this whole time. Whatever sick collusion she has going on with the music industry, I don't want to know about. I never want to see her, or her stupid 'country' again. She USED me. I shouldn't be surprised. Most of my friends that I've made in the industry just used me too. I'm tired of just playing along with everyone's game. Things need to change. Now.
Signed - Billsack

I slammed my diary shut. That wasn't enough. I threw it across the bus. I didn't even bother to go pick it up.

We were on our way to Detroit. I should be asleep, but Olivia was keeping me up. She used me, just like everyone else.

~~~~~~flashback~~~~~~~~
"Hey Billie!" My new 'Friend' had said to me. His name was Jacob, and he was a kid from my neighborhood. He never really acknowledged my existence, until I became famous.

"Hey Jacob!" I replied.

"Let's take a selfie". He said, and snapped a pic of us, his arm over my shoulder.

He got up and faced the other way, and did something on his phone. Only, I could see the reflection on his glasses.

He posted the selfie he took, and captioned it "Chillin with my gf Billie Eilish!".

I couldn't believe that he would lie, just for attention. Right then and there, he had lost my 'friendship'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We eventually arrived at Detroit. I was going out exploring, and I didn't give a heck about if I was late to sound check or not.

I grabbed my phone and wallet, then left my bus. I saw Olivia's bus and Bex's van nearby. I did my best to avoid them.

I wandered the streets of Detroit, snapping a bunch of photos. This city was so pretty!! Especially the architecture. It was like nothing I had ever seen.

If only I was able to see more.

After a couple of hours of exploring, I decided to head back to the venue, because I needed to get there eventually. I was already late, so that satisfied my angst.

I walked into the venue like it was nothing. I got a glare from my manager, but I only just glared back.

"Go get ready. You are quite late".

"I don't care". I replied.

On my way to my dressing room, I unfortunately bumped into Bex. At least they didn't do anything to hurt me yet.

"Hey are you ok? Olivia was worried about you".

"Why would she be worried?"

"You haven't been responding to any of her text messages".

"Look, it's just that... I saw something last night that made me feel... differently.... about Olivia. You are going to have to talk to her about that yourself, because I don't want to give you more information".

Bex's eyes were wide in surprise, and confusion. Then they smirked.

"You tell me what happened, and I tell you something I did".

I raised an eyebrow, but accepted the deal.

"Ok. Last night, I saw my manager giving Olivia money, and he said something about 'completing stage 1'. I think Olivia is in a collusion, and is lying about this whole rebel spy thing".

Bex seemed shocked, and sad. I felt so bad for them, that they had to hear that information about their girlfriend.

"I'm sure you got something wrong" they mumbled.

I sighed and said "I gave you my end of the deal, now you give me yours. What did you do?"

"I failed my training program for the spy agency over 10 times. I'm the worst one there. My stupid self let 7 people die, and I can never forgive myself for it. Olivia had been helping me through my emotional pain. That's why I love her".

"...oh" I say. Poor Bex. I feel so bad. They are literally so nice and I can't believe they had to go through all that.

Then that had me thinking. Maybe Olivia is still a good person. I mean, she was sad when I saw her talking to my manger last night. Maybe there is more to the story?

I hug Bex, and run their back in a comforting way. "I'm so sorry Bex. I had no idea. Whatever you need, remember I am always here for you. You are loved".

I feel tears drop onto my shoulders. I release Bex from the hug and wipe their tears away.

"I have to get ready now. I'm extremely late for my sound check".

Bex nods and walks away. I get ready and do my usual show routine. The only difference was, Olivia didn't open for me tonight. Maybe she was sick? After my performance, Bex runs up to me, tears streaming down their face.

"What is it?" I ask.

"It's Olivia! She got hit by a car!"