| One. |

"The only thing worse than the guilt was the fear of getting caught." - Elin Hilderbrand. | Hmm. Maybe so.

- - -

The San Diego heat beating down from that bright ass circle in the sky was practically killing Rikki, as she sat by her broken air conditioner, fanning her hand around wildly to gain some type of coolness in the hot California weather. She could feel her clothes sticking to her body, as beads of sweat continued to trickle down her forehead like no tomorrow. Upon another drop landing to her hardwood floors, she let out another harsh breath, pressing her cellular device to her ear as she heard shuffling on the other line; Which made sense considering she was already on the phone.

"Jamie, I swear! I'm about to have a heat stroke. Where is Luis?" She hissed, reaching for an old magazine off her coffee table and rolling it up to create a better fan than her hand.

"He's still at work. He doesn't get off until 9, you know." The preppy voice of her best friend replied.

In response, Rikki pulled the phone away from her ear, glancing at the clock. "It's 9:14, Jamie."

But before Jamie could even bother to reply, the loud sound of the doorbell ringing went throughout Rikki's small apartment. "Speak of the devil. I'll call you later. I think your husband's here."

"Okay, bye." Jamie answered, ending the phone call as Rikki rose from the couch. She wiped her forehead with the back of her hand, tossing her iPhone on the couch as she made her way to the front door, unlocked her three locks and pulled the mahogany door open. A small smile spread across her face, once seeing that it was the famous Luis Edwards standing before her, ready to fix her AC.

Luis Edwards or better known as the husband to her best friend, Jamie. Jamie & Luis had eloped in Vegas while still in high school, when Jamie discovered she was pregnant with their son Lucas at 17. And although she had never met Luis before, Rikki could still feel the bad boy vibe that Jamie often said her husband gave off as he stood in front of her, still dirty from the workday. Luis Edwards had to be about 6 foot 1 with jet black hair, rich olive skin, and dark chocolate brown eyes.

"Damn, Jamie sure knows how to pick em'." Rikki thought to herself, a pull in her stomach at how attractive he was. She found her eyes to darting downwards, and taking in his outfit as well. Loose black cargo shorts hung off his hips, as a dirty gray tank top clung to his chest and finally, a tool belt latched around his waist. She knew that he worked downtown at the local car shop as a mechanic, and was capable of fixing almost anything, even if it didn't deal with cars.

Rikki heard him scoff after a long and awkward silence of staring at one another. "Are you going to let me in or are you just going to leave me standing out here?"

Quickly getting herself together, Rikki opened the door wider and shooed him inside of her home towards the living room. "Come in, Luis. The AC's right over there."

"Alright." She heard him grunt, watching as he strolled over to the air conditioner and began inspecting it closely. She pulled on the ends of her hair, before feeling the sticky sweat on her back once again.

"I'm going to go take a bath." She informed him, Luis not even bothering to acknowledge her presence anymore as he was focused on the task at hand. She turned on her heels, making her way down the hallway to the washroom. She closed and locked the door behind her, putting the stop in the tub and beginning to run some cold bath water.

She grabbed her lavender bubble bath, pouring some underneath the faucet to create large bubbles as she began stripping out of her clothes. Her fingers locked underneath her tank top, pulling it over her head as her bra shortly came after. Reaching for the button to her jean shorts, she then slipped out of them along with her low cut panties.