| Five. |

"And having sex with her was only so she could block out her deepest emotions." -Deepak Chopra. | I'mma hurt her before she can hurt me, like everyone else has.

-  -  -

Right after having sex with Stephen, Rikki wasted no time in stopping at a local Walgreens and picking up a box of morning after pills. She allowed Stephen to take her on their lunch break, making a mental note to take the pills the next morning like the directions instructed.

Which had clearly stated that in order for the pills to work, she couldn't take them until 24 hours after the sex. So, of course, she was going to follow the instructions word from word and not bother with the pills until the next day.

She didn't even have any memories of following her birth control cycle before coming to work, so she had to make sure that she was taking all precautions to stop from having a fetus growing inside of her.

Because to be honest, it was clear that Rikki wasn't prepared for motherhood. And after a long anticipating Monday, she was glad when Tuesday morning rolled in rather quickly. She got up out of bed at 5:35am snatching the box off her nightstand and dragging herself into the kitchen to sit and read it.

She also had her birth control pills in her other hand, making sure to take them and get them out of the way before anything else. She didn't know what awaited for her later on, but after spending the day before with Stephen, she didn't push the thought of having another steamy encounter with him out of her mind.

She took a seat at her kitchen table, scrunching up her face as she began reading the directions on the back of the morning after pill box. "Take 1 tablet by mouth with a glass of water and wait 1 hour for the effects to kick in..."

"Screw that. I'm taking two of these," Rikki growled, ripping open the box and staring at the pills. It threw her off a bit how much they looked identical to her birth control tablets, but she thought nothing of it as she continued going about the task. A loud pounding on her door interrupted her before she could finish. "Ugh. Who the hell is that at this time?"

She stood up from her stool, adjusting the tie on her robe as she made her way to the front door. "Luis. What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at work?" She questioned, raising a eyebrow.

He ignored her, helping himself inside the apartment. "Now why you questioning me, Rik? You know why I'm here."

"I know that you need to leave." Rikki scoffed, opening the front door wider and gesturing for him to walk out.

"Why?" He pursed his lips, acting like he didn't understand her words.

"Because I'm not sleeping with you. So you can just go." Rikki spoke sternly, pointing out the doorway into the empty hallway.

Luis smirked in response, walking over to Rikki and shutting the door. "You and I both know that you don't want me to do that."

She crossed her arms over her nearly exposed chest. "You don't know what I want."

"You're right. Why don't you come sit on my lap and tell me?" He winked, taking a seat on her sectional couch and patting his lap.

"Luis, you are getting remarried and I refuse to be your mistress." Rikki hissed, attempting to sound serious as she stepped in front of him with a unamused look on her face.

He laughed. "Too late, Rikki. You already are."

She gasped once she felt his hands on her waist, pulling her down in between his legs. He wasted no time in latching his lips onto hers and it was then that she realized the difference between Luis and Stephen.