| Eight. |

"What a mistress fails to realize is sleeping with a married man isn't the worst thing they could do. Breaking up a family is." - Leslie Carter. | I'm sorry.

-  -  -

The renewal ceremony took place exactly one month later. It was held at a beautiful venue in downtown San Diego, that looked over a breathtaking waterfront as Luis and Jamie exchanged vows with one another.

Rikki was apart of the small bridal party as she thought, Jamie's right hand and Lucas as Luis's. Alongside them, was Jamie's big brother Michael and Luis's younger sister Angie fulfilling the shoes of a bridesmaid and groomsman.

Almost everyone that had attended the barbecue 2 months prior was amongst the guests, excluding a few more family members that came to the wedding only. Rikki had managed to fake a smile for the cameras, but on the inside, she couldn't be anymore depressed.

Just upset with the fact that she had betrayed Jamie, upset with the fact that Luis had played her and upset with the fact that he was so damn happy with Jamie right in front of her face.

She was glad that the first half of the ceremony finished quickly, with them saying their vows in a matter of 10 minutes. Afterwards, everyone quickly shuffled inside the reception hall, the twinkling lights beaming as Rikki made her way in.

She went straight to the bridal party table in the front, taking the champagne put out for her straight to the head as she awaited the rest of this sorrowful night. She caught Angie, Mike and Lucas walking in behind her laughing about some joke as they took seats at the rectangle shaped table next to her, paying her no mind.

Soon enough, the DJ was speaking into the microphone, getting the crowd to quiet down a bit. "Welcome everyone! Let's all give a big hand to Mr and Mrs Luis and Jamie Edwards!"

At the sound or their introduction, Jamie and Luis soon entered the room, huge smiles on their faces as their fingers were intertwined with one another's, hands super locked. They stopped in the middle of the hall, Luis pulling his wife into him and kissing her lips passionately.

Rikki almost threw up in her seat.

The cheers throughout the room seemed to get louder at the public display of affection, causing a giggle to escape Jamie's lips as they pulled apart and made their way over to their seats in between Rikki and Lucas.

"Alright, everyone. Let's start things off with individual toasts from the the bridal party." The DJ suggested, once the crowd died down.

"What a great idea. Someone pass the microphone to Mike to start us off." Jamie smiled, watching as her brother stood up from the table and waved his glass in the air.

Rikki sipped her second glass slowly, her eyes darting over to Jamie who had the largest smile possible. And she knew that she had to tell her. It was either now or never. Because Jamie didn't deserve it. Any of it.

Rikki reluctantly reached out her arm, her fingers softly dancing on Jamie's exposed shoulder as she tapped her. "Jamie, I have something I need to tell you."

Jamie continued smiling, listening to the toast that Lucas was currently giving. "Rikki, can't it wait? We're toasting."

"It really can't. I need to get this off my chest before I explode," Rikki whispered, inhaling deeply. She pressed her lips together, forming the words in her head as she began speaking. "Jamie, I've been sleeping with Luis."

Her voice echoed throughout the room, causing her to look down at the microphone in Jamie's hands horrified. Jamie's smiled completely erased, her face confused. "You... What?"

Rikki slowly nodded her head. "I've been sleeping with him, Jamie. Four times to be exact."

"Luis, is this true?" Jamie turned to her husband, her brown eyes watering.

Luis's glare was focused deeply on Rikki, finally turning his gaze to his wife with softened eyes. "Yeah, Jame. It's true."

The tears began falling from her eyes like clockwork. "Why would you do this to me?"

Luis grabbed her hands, kissing them lovingly. "Babe, I swear, it was nothing. I love you. She's no one."

Jamie snatched her hands away from him, turning to Rikki with a deepened frown. "And you mean to tell me that Luis was the guy that you told me about? Are you telling me that my husband was the married man that you were screwing?!"

"Jamie. I'm so so sorry-" Rikki pleaded, not even noticing Jamie's balled up fist. Her hand came upwards, hitting Rikki in the nose harshly before she could blink.

"Screw the both of you." Jamie spat, pushing out her chair and running away drowned in her tears.

"Mom!" Lucas called, hopping up from his seat as he ran after his mother. Rikki's face turned to Luis, who gave her a hateful look before he followed behind his son and wife out the reception hall doors. Everyone's eyes slowly focused on her- the home wrecker and she couldn't help but to hide her face down in shame.

"Come on. You need to get out of here." A voice spoke, as she lifted her head and made eye contact with Stephen whom had a hand reaching out to her. Guess he did make it after all. Rikki nodded her head, allowing him to assist her out the hall as she kept her gaze on the floor in embarrassment.

"Thank you." Rikki finally broke the silence, once they made it outside.

"I think it's best if you go now, Rikki." Stephen said lowly, not looking her way as she bit her lip.

"Okay." She answered, standing up and walking away. She wanted to speak to him, but knew she couldn't. He caught her with Luis, and then she broke up with him right after. She was an actual piece of shit.

Tears cascaded down her face like a waterfall as she made her way far away from the building, settling herself down on a bench. She had rode here in the limo, so now she had to take a minute to gather her next movements.

Nothing ever felt right when it came to something this wrong.