Chapter Three: Discovered

CONNOR POV

I can't kiss Troye! He's obviously the most attractive, but nobody except Zoella and my family knows that I'm gay. And how would Tyler feel? How would everyone else feel about it? Shitshitshitshitshit...

"Coooooonnnnnoooorrrr," Kian called, "We don't have all day."

I bit my lip again. "Kian..."

"Just do it!"

"Fine."

On impulse, I turned and planted a kiss on Troye's lips. When I pulled away, his eyes were wide with shock. "Connor...?"

Fuck.

TROYE POV

Connor's face fell and he pushed his way out of the house. Recovering from the surprise, I got up and ran after him. "Connor!"

His car was already speeding away. Everyone else met me at Ricky's porch. "Where's he going?" Bella frowned.

"I don't know," Ricky's brow was creased with worry. Kian was looking down at the ground guiltily.

"We have to find him!" I said.

"Let's go." Tyler said, wrapping his arm around me. "Ricky? Can we get a ride in your car?

We split up to look for him.

Why did I act so surprised? I mean, I do have a kind-of-sorta-maybe crush on him, and Tyler is just my best friend. Goddamn it Troye. it's all your fault.

After several hours of searching, calling Connor, and coming up empty handed, we met up back at Ricky's house and called the police.

"911, what is your emergency?"

"My friend just drove off about three hours ago and we cannot find him," I answered shakily.

"Alright sir, may I have your friend's name and appearance?"

"Connor Franta, about 5'6", lightish-brown hair, green eyes," I rattled off.

"And his phone number so we can trace it?"

"(555)-948-5358." I heard keys clicking, and a confused exhale. "What's wrong?"

"I cannot seem to be able to trace this number. His phone is either dead or on airplane mode." The lady sighed.

"Oh. Alright."

"Don't worry about it, mister... ah..?"

"Mellet. Troye Mellet."

"Mister Mellet. I have dispatched a police squad to search your area."

"Thank you." I hung up, and turned to the others. "I guess all we can do is wait."

CONNOR POV

I had no idea what I was doing. Or where I was going. I just drove.

Miles and miles of endless street, buildings, and people.

What am I doing?

Where am I going?

What are the others thinking?

What is Troye think?

He probably thinks I'm an idiot.

I am an idiot.

Just kissing him out of the blue.

What the fuck is wrong with me?

I stopped by a CVS and purchased a razor, a few random over-the-counter pills, a bottle of beer, and a bouquet of mixed white flowers. The cashier lady looked at me weirdly as I paid.

I got back in the car.

Why did I buy all that stuff?

Driving.

Left turn.

Straight.

Right turn.

Where am I going?

Left.

Left.

Straight.

Right.

Straight.

I stopped. Tyler's apartment building. I got out, taking the bouquet with me. I stopped in front of Tyler's apartment. I tore off a white daisy, placing it on the floor.

Four white rose petals in the hallway.

A white carnation in the stairwell.

Five white rose petals on the steps.

A sprig of baby's breath on the sidewalk.

I used the ribbon on the bouquet to tie a white daisy to each of my side mirrors.

I dropped the bouquet next to my car. I got in and drove off.

Next thing I knew, I was sitting on the dock of Santa Monica Pier. I had turned off Airplane Mode on my phone.

I checked twitter.

@troyesivan: @connorfranta where are you? I miss you 😢

He's lying.

He just wants me to come back.

As I scrolled through my feed, I found that Kian had posted a picture of me kissing Troye, just a few minutes after it happened. The original was deleted, but there were already screencaps of it. I checked the responses.

@natiigirl81639: eww gay fag

@troyler163fivever: OMFG NOOO!!! troye is wayyyy to good for Connor

@ashton20431: @connorfranta go die you disgusting piece of shit I used to enjoy your vids but now? your a fucking gay faggot

I put down my phone, my face expressionless. I stared into the sunset reflecting off the water.

They're right, aren't they?

A/N: Okayyy so I finally updated! yayyy!!! Hope you liked it! and don't worry, if you're confused, this will all make sense in the next chappie.

Love ya all!
💕Julia