Chapter Ten: Fury

Connor POV

I wrapped my arms around Troye as he flew into me.

What the hell...

The door swung open, the hinges half-ripped out. Tyler stood in the hallway.

"You don't call." He began in a dangerously low tone. "You don't contact me. Twenty minutes Troye. TWENTY FUCKING MINUTES?!"

Troye stepped back, his arms wrapped around his torso in an unconscious attempt to protect himself. "I-I'm sorry, I d-didn't know-"

"You didn't know?! What do you fucking mean that you didn't fucking know?!"

I pushed Troye behind me. "We hung out for a bit, and we lost track of time."

Tyler's face was tomato red with anger and frustration. "You lost track of time?! How do you lose track of TWENTY FOUR HOURS?! I--" His voice finally cracked. "I was worried about you Troye."

Troye--always kindhearted to the point of naïveté--walked past me and hugged Tyler. "I'm sorry Tilly."

I felt a pang of jealousy. Tyler's tear-glazed eyes flashed in my direction, only one emotion reflecting in them. Hate. Intense hate.

Oh it was on.

Troye let go of Tyler, suddenly serious. "Tilly, can I talk to you really fast?"

"Sure babe." Tyler's arm snaked around Troye, ushering him into the apartment, and locking the door behind him.

Troye POV

I faced Tyler. "Tilly, I don't think this is working out."

"What do you mean?"

I sighed. "This thing. Us pretending to be a couple, just for the fans. I want a real relationship. Plus, you terrify me every time you come home drunk."

"Troye... I can stop! I promise, Troye--"

"Tyler," I cut him off, "I think we should just... stay away for a bit."

He stepped back, his hands behind his head. "Is it because of Connor?"

I'd had enough. "No! It's not about Connor. It's because I've had enough of your bullshit, Tyler! I've been planning this for a while."

"Troye--" Tyler made one more attempt to win me back.

"No, Tyler." I pushed by him and exited the room.

I grabbed Connor's hand and pulled him into the car.

"Just drive." I sighed.

"What happened?"

I just stared down at my lap.

"What?" Connor asked, concerned.

"I just--I just don't think he's the one for me." Of course, only Tyler, me and a select few knew that Troyler was just a ploy.

We drove in silence for a while, until Connor broke the silence as he pulled up to his apartment. "Do you think you'll find 'the one'?"

I looked him in the eye. "I think I already have."

And we kissed.

Drowning out all the shit that just went down, all the anger and frustration.

Just us, and perfection.

{A/N: wait, Julia updated? What is this madness?!

Anyway, sorry for being inactive, you know, with school starting back up and stuff.

Enjoy!

Vote!

Comment!

Follow!

💕ILY

~Julia}