Chapter One: Woods of Forlorn

You followed the twinkling stars in the sky. After leaving your home kingdom of Izumi you decided you wanted to travel. The stars told you that a future resided for you Inside th the gloomy kingdom of Nohr, so who were you to deny what the fortune read? That's why the constellations were leading you on your new journey for your future.

That's when you stumbled across a camp. You could see a woman with pink hair and a maid's dress following a white haired man. The trees around are very gloomy and large. No leaves baring them at all. There was an eerie atmosphere all around you. The ground was swampy. You didn't know where you were, but later you would learn that you were in the Woods of Forlorn.  You hide behind one of the large trees and watch what happens. 

"Lord Corrin, watch out!"

You heard the girl exclaim loudly. Corrin? Lord? The white haired man must be a royal of Nohr. You watch the maid take a dagger, presumably iron, and chuck it right at a beast you didn't see before. You gasped upon seeing it, hands flinging to your scroll in pure fright. The beast screams in pain, despite not having a mouth. It falls to its knees. The male, Lord Corrin, took a golden sword and sliced through the chest of the beast, killing it. The beast was reduced to nothing but a purple fog, the corpse disintegrating into the night.

What was that creature!? Where did his corpse go!? Was there anything you could do to save it rather than hurt it!? You never were a huge fan of violence. That's when two more people on horses entered the scene, battling off these monsters. You clutch your scroll close to you, scared. The gloominess of wherever you were wasn't really helping you. You could hear the stomping from the two horses and Light came from the staff of the troubadour. 

You backed away from the battle scene. You ran into something and felt a huff of warm breath on you. Timidly, you turned around and saw one of the very same ogre like creatures standing there. You got a really good look at the creature. It was large, bulky, and had muscles. It wore torn cloth similar to the Savages from the stories from the gods. Shackles bore its wrists and it wore a mask with holes, covering its face. Actually, looking at it you doubted the creature would even have a face. You whimpered, backing up from the creature. The creature was confused at who you were, but nine of the less it rose it's fists, ready to smash you into the ground.

In a moment you turned to something you despised with a passion, being Izumo born after all. You opened your scroll and launched an attack at the monster. Normally you only fight in self defense, but you hated to hurt something you don't understand. There's no way you can defend your actions now. A burst of blue magic hit the creature, launching him back and away from you. Sweating and gasping for air from the intense situation, you could feel yourselfregret your decision to ever leave the nuetral realm of Izumo. 

You walk up to the creature, it laying unmoving in the ground and struggling to breathe. You tune out the battle raging on behind you and walk up to the creature. It was breathing heavily, gasping for breaths. It was on the verge of death. You didn't even know what it was yet you were crying tears for him. You walk over and place a hand on its stomach. 

"Forgive me, Fell Creature, But I must put you to rest. I am sorry."

You opened your scroll and you felt the ogre give up trying to breathe. With one last small attack from your scroll the beast had fallen. You felt guilt strike you through the heart. You took a life. Even if it was a beast, you still took a life. This was something you never wanted to experience and never want to do again. You turn around and see another one of the creatures, bleeding black blood and running from the battle field. The maid was following it, stumbling and throwing knives into its shoulders in hopes of killing it. You opened your scroll. 

You wanted to give it peace, however you despised violence. You knew you would have to kill it anyways. Nohrian were warriors, you were the one who followed the stars for some unknown future. This was your fault. Still, it didn't take away the guilt residing in you. You opened the scroll and looked at the flailing, poor creature. You mouthed the words I'm sorry with a tear before blasting it again with the cyan magic. You struck him in the heart for a swift death, ending his misery. You closed your scroll and looked around. That seems to be all the ogres. You wiped your tears and saw the maid smiling in front of you, the rest of their small crew walking up to you. Crickets can be heard in the background.

"Wow, you helped me out there! Who are you?"

She seemed really nice, giving you a big smile. The white haired noble walkes up behind her, also smiling. Beside him was the cavalier with his horse walking behind him. On the side of the maid was a blonde girl with a horse and staff. The troubadour. Behind her were two people you didn't see enter the woods. One wore red and blue clothing, holding a wooden hand axe. The other was a silver haired woman in heavy pink armor. They all had welcoming smiles and acted like they didn't just slaughter a Bunch of helpless monsters. These were Nohrians, what you followed in the stars to become. What naive little you saw a future to be with. Nohrians. You forced a smile on your face, fighting back the guilt of taking not one, but two helplesss lives, and took the hand of the kindly pink haired maid.

"I'm (Your name), A Diviner Of Izumo."

(Your name) Has now Been Added to the Unit Logbook.

1028 words