Chapter 9- Something's Off...

Mylene POV
Ivan and I are walking to school together currently. We are both pretty sad about Luka's death...we both agree that he doesn't...no, didn't seem like the type of person to...take their life. I really unfortunate. I remember when Luka, Ivan, Rose, Juleka, Adrien, and I were in that band for the music festival. Hahahaha, that's a great memory. We were all so happy. It was so much fun...I remember Luka was especially happy. That was the day he first met Marinette. I could tell there was something there by the way he looked at her. His eyes full of care and love. It's the same way Ivan looks at me. Luka and Marinette would have made such a cute couple...and Luka and Juleka were the best siblings. Luka cared so much for Juleka, and he cared a lot for Marinette also. I feel tears begin to form in my eyes the more I think about Luka. He was a great person. Ivan and I became friends with him quickly...
"What's the matter, Mylene?" I hear Ivan ask, snapping out of my thoughts.
I turn to look at him and see his eyes full of worry and care. I give him a small smile and wipe away my forming tears.
"It's just..." I begin to say.
"Luka. I'm upset about that, too. He was a great guy. He was always very chill and laid back." I Ivan finished my sentence.
"I'm worried how Marinette and Juleka are doing...they were the closest to Luka..." I say sadly.
"I'm worried for them too..." Ivan says with a sigh.
I then see a shiny, black limousine. Adrien's shiny, black limousine.
Now that I think about it...Adrien knew Luka also. I wonder if he saw the news. I'm pretty sure he did...I'm pretty sure everyone did. I wonder how he's handling this terrible event.
I see Adrien get out of the limousine. I can't see his face very well...but I think he's smiling.
"Hey, Adrien!" I hear Ivan shout. It appears to get his attention.
Adrien turns around, when he spots us he smiles and waves at us. We walk up to him and I notice...he seems happier than usual...
"Hi Ivan! Hi Mylene! How are you Birge this fine day?"
He seems to be really happy...I can tell it's not fake...I should ask him if he saw the news...maybe I should break it to him...if he knew how would probably be very sad.
"Umm...Adrien..." I begin to say meekly.
"Hm?"
"D-Did you see the news...?" I ask nervously, looking down twiddling my thumbs.
"I did, why?" Adrien asks, obviously confused.
I take a deep breath and ask,
"Did you see the...thing...about Luka?"
There I said it... I look up at him and notice, he looks nervous.
"Oh! Umm, ya...that...I did... I'd rather not think about at the moment though..." Adrien says, appearing to be uncomfortable. I feel bad for bringing it up.
"Oh...sorry...Umm... Ivan and I should get to our lockers and then homeroom... Would you like to come with us?" I offer.
"No thanks, I'm gonna wait for Nino, Alya, and Marinette."
"Ok, well it was nice talking to you! See you in class!" I say and walk with Ivan to our lockers.
When we reach our lockers, Ivan says to me,
"Adrien was acting...kind of weird..."
"He really wasn't like himself..." I agree.

Narrator POV
Kim and Max are currently walking to the last class of the day, Madame Bustier's class. As they enter the classroom, they notice something is...off.
"Hey, Max...Umm do you think like...something's kind of...different today?" Kim whispers to Max.
"Something does seem different..." Max agrees.
The only students in the class are Max, Kim, Nathanael, and Alix. The teacher isn't in the classroom yet.
Mylene and Ivan then enter and take their seats.
The classroom is dead silent. Normally everyone would be chatting with one another with smiles on their faces...but now everyone is dead silent with sad, dead looks on their faces. Everyone can feel something is off. Is it because of Luka's death?
Alix then stands up, slamming her hands on her desk, almost yelling,
"Ok! It is way to quiet in here! I know all of us can feel something is off!"
"So, you can feel it too?" Max asks.
"Yes." Alix replies.
Everyone else agrees that they can feel something is off...like the atmosphere is no longer happy but...depressing...tense...dark...
"Is it because of Luka's..." Mylene starts to say but drifts off.
"Possibly. Marinette is staying home today because of that. Same with Juleka, luckily Rose is there to comfort Juleka. I think Alya and Nino will come, but only to get the work Marinette will miss. Then I think they're going to stay with her," Nathanael says.
The all go silent. They all wonder why the school atmosphere to them has gone down...Is it because of Luka?
"Hey...uh...you all don't think Luka actually...uh...you know." Kim says breaking the silence. He also looks uncomfortable as he say it.
"It isn't like him...but I read somewhere that often times people who are depressed don't act the way you expect them to act...it's normally the complete opposite...it's still strange, though..." Mylene responses.
Everyone begins to elaborating on what Mylene and Kim said. They all question Luka's death.

Meanwhile...

Alya POV
"Nino you don't have to stay with me and help me comfort, Marinette, ya know?"
"I know, Alya, but she's my friend and your my girlfriend...and I'd like to try to be there for you both...you more though."
"You're awesome, Nino."
"You're even more awesome, babe," Nino says wrapping him arm around my waist pulling me closer to him, kissing my forehead.
When are not very far from the school...wait...now that I think about it...Marinette hasn't been obsessed with Adrien in a while. It's like she completely forgot he existed. She no longer has feelings for Adrien, because she fell in love with Luka. Haha, finally my awesome friend got over Adrien. She always did seem to be happier and more comfortable around Luka. It's like they were made for each other, like Nino and me.
When we reach Nino spots Adrien. Adrien notices us also and waves us over.
"Hey guys, how have you been?" Adrien asks cheerfully.
"Umm...ok? I guess..." Nino answers.
"Is there something wrong?" Adrien asks frowning.
"Did you see the news?" I ask Adrien. He doesn't appear to be down, I know that he knew Luka. They played in the band at the Music Festival...they seemed to get along...wouldn't it make sense for him to at least be a little sad?
"The news..."Adrien then looks like he suddenly remembers something that he forgot then continues speaking, "I haven't...Why?"
I can sense he's lying. I know that he is always watching the news, it's like his second favorite thing to watch other than Anime. Something's up with him...he seems...off...
"Are you sure you didn't watch the news? You always seem to be watching the news, like it's your favorite station." I question.
Time to practice my interrogation skills.
"Umm...well I must have missed it. So, what happened?" Adrien asks. I can tell he's faking this whole not knowing thing.
"So...uhh...I'm just gonna go get to class and get the assignments...see you in a bit Alya." Nino says uncomfortable, as he awkwardly walks to class.
I turn my attention back to Adrien when he asks innocently,
"Hey Alya...does Marinette still have feelings for me?"
"No, she likes Luka. Also for your information Luka took his life. Although you already knew that because I know you saw the news." I spat out at him. How does this boy have the nerves to ask if Marinette still likes him when he broke her heart.
"Oh...I see. That's unfortunate..." Adrien says attempting to sound sad, to anyone else it would be believable, but I know good and well he doesn't care.
"You could at least try to show you're sad. I can tell you're faking the emotion you put in your words. If you have the nerves to ask if Marinette still like you after you broke her heart, at least comfort her when she is going through a huge depression right now because of Luka's death. You're really not acting right currently, Adrien." I spat out anger and venom lacing my voice.
"Sorry..." Adrien says 'Sadly', it's obvious he's faking it.
Then...
What he mumbles under his breath next causes me to snap...
"Geez...who knew that edgylord-wanna-be's death would cause such a disruption...seriously why would Marinette want someone like him when she could have someone like me."
So...I did any normal thing a normal friend would do to protect a buddy, your bestie's awesome late boyfriend, your friend's awesome late brother, etc...

I slapped that pretty boy so hard across the face he was knocked to the ground.