#4.4: Power (Louis Tomlinson)

#12.4 Power (Louis Tonlinson Fan Fic)

Never in the world did I expect her to knock on my door, looking dishevelled after two weeks of being apart and begging me to take her back.

"I'm tired of sleeping alone," was the first agonised remark that reached my ears. The sight of her leaving me days ago played in my head which had, then, left me beaten and bruised.

Her voice in my ears felt like the sweet scent of fresh dew in the morning. Her presence in the house felt like a bee's around a flower-it brought a liveliness but I was being irrationally cold.

"You know you're always welcome here."

It still was in me, all the anger of the morning it happened, all my pleadings and her denials. Somewhere I was letting my ego take the best of me and possibly a chance at this relationship.

"Louis, I know you're mad at me but I had my reasons."

"I know you did. But don't try me so much. I do love you, like an ass I do but don't keep pushing my limits. One day I'll just get tired of trying. And that's when you'll be left alone to cave in."

"Running away has always been simpler. But right now, I don't want to walk out on you. I want to stay, if you'll let me."

"Then stay." I simply retorted. Her words were making me melt like butter on hot and fresh baked Finnish bread cookies. Her tone was igniting in me a fire that had never boiled down and I was hating myself for being mean to her, even for a second.

This girl, brought changes in me. She had me angry one second and moaning and craving her, the next. She was different and she made me feel indescribable things, which are often the best feelings.

"I wish it were that easy."

"It'll be easy if you want it to be."

She had the power in her to make me feel guilty of something wrong she did.

"There are too many what ifs."

"Don't care about them." I said.

She had the power to make me love her even though every single time, she was the one who didn't revert. Until then.

"This time away made me realise what I want." She said.

"And what is it that you want?"

Her eyes looked angelic and pure. Her face looked innocent and her body, fragile.

"You. I love you. It just took me a while to realise." She had traces of moisture in her eyes and it kind of made me happy in an evil way. Firstly because she was starting to see what I expected of her. Secondly, a part of me that thrived on vengeance felt content and even.

"And I have something to say." She added. It made me realise what I had been blind to, up till now.

"What?" I asked.

"I'm sorry."

"For?"

"For everything I've done to you. For being a bitch and being oblivious. Can we just start this over? Nice and slow?"

When she walked in the door of our house again, I realised how my feelings were taking upon her. I realised I held as much power over her as she did over me.

"Nice and slow. Like you say." I agreed.

I realised love is giving someone the power to destroy you and yet believing in them, not to. And I trusted her enough to be selfless when it came to her.

Because sometimes you have to fall to learn to fly, you have to be rejected to learn the true worth. Sometimes you just have to give all that you have and love a person unconditionally hoping they'll love you the same. And it looked like she did, now.

***