Affliction

[Eliza's P.O.V.]

I got up early for school and changed into a pair of loose fitting pants and a casual t-shirt, slugging my backpack on and heading outside to wait for the bus. "Another day awaits..." I sighed, thinking about facing him like everyday, as per routine since the past three years.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked slowly to my Social Studies class, the only class I hated the most. It wasn't the subject but who was in that class, was what bothered me. I could never focus or pay attention to what the teacher was saying since he seemed to always find it entertaining to bother me and watch me suffer.

"Ew," he scoffed as he towered above me, resting both palms on either side of my desk. "Ever thought of buying better clothes?"

"I wear what I like and I don't like people checking me," I replied, rolling my eyes. He grabbed my sleeve roughly and scanned the quality of the cloth. "Well aren't we feisty today," he smirked.

I sighed as he quickly said, "The sight of you disgusts me." He released his grip on my arm and walked away.

So now you see what I have to deal with and what I have been dealing with since the past three years. All I was curious about was how he always seemed to pay attention to what I wore and what I did, rather than ignore me. He was rich, attractive, and according to the other girls in my school, a total "hearthrob" who had everything a girl wanted. I beg to differ. He was a jerk who liked picking on people of lower and middle class when they never did anything to him.

I shook my head and looked down to focus on my notes, not aware of the bell which indicated that the class was over had already gone.

"Forgot you're in school again, eh?" his deep, loud voice snapping me back to reality. "Poor people," Kris commented as he left.

Unconsciously, I had clenched my fists but released them as I commanded myself, "School'll be over soon and you'll be back home. You just have to ignore him, no matter how much he afflicts you, since you're not like that." I agreed to myself and my decision as I walked over to the next class slowly, and that is exactly how everyday passed.