Chapter Nineteen

As you would've figured out, Eliza ignored Luhan ever since the..."incident," but he did not get rid of the rings, hoping that maybe someday she would understand how he feels and come back to him, believing it was just a misunderstanding. Anyway, Luhan had gone to visit Kris in the hospital that very evening.

He arrived at his room, keeping his eyes on Kris as he entered. He was laying straight in bed, lifeless, sad, yet the small twinkle in his eye never disappeared. His voice was small, but that was, ofcourse, because of the serious condition he was in. Pulling a chair close to his bed, he looked at Kris who looked back at him, and waited for a start in conversation.

"So...did you propose?" Kris asked slowly.

"How do you know I-"

"I know you love her," he said weakly. "It's alright. Go ahead."

"What? Aren't you the one who's meant for her?" he asked, slowly tensing up.

Kris laughed lightly, the beautiful voice, a delightful ring in his ears, as he shook his head, "I'm...I can't."

"Why?" Luhan asked as he leaned in.

"Because," Kris said as he took in a deep breath, then exhaled, "I can't tell you."

"Tell me!" Luhan shouted. "Tell me now, Kris."

"Just don't...don't get stressed, alright? And don't worry about me...don't let Eliza get worried."

"Just tell me, already!" Luhan yelled, frustrated and about to have a mental breakdown.

Kris held out his hand, signaling his friend to stop stressing, "Fine, fine," he sighed. "I...can't be there for you anymore, and I can't be there for Eliza either. So, I need you to take care of her, and love her, Luhan. Make her happy, that is my request."

The words "Eliza" and "love" blurred his mind and to quickly erase away the memory, he stood up distressed, "What are you saying?" he asked more quietly now as tears began to form in his eyes.

The sick boy looked up at him with sorrowful, pleading eyes, "I lied to you when I said I was going to be okay. The doctors tell me I won't make it..."