Chapter Eleven

A tear began slowly running down Luhan's cheek as he quickly wiped it away hoping nobody had noticed. "I am a horrible person. Now we shall die a horrible death because of me."

"Don't give up hope!" Donghae said slowly. "There has to be a way out."

Kris pulled out his phone as he began calling an emergency number, "No freaking signal!" he screamed as he closed it and shoved it into his pocket roughly. He looked at his side and Donghae was busy comforting Luhan. A small smile formed on his lips as he prayed silently, "Please let a miracle happen."

The three of them just sat there by the entrance, watching the sulphurous flames crawl around the carpeted flooring and bookshelves, leaving behind piles of ash. They were next. Kris swallowed as Luhan wailed, "If we don't get out of here alive, I just want to ask you two to forgive me...for everything.."

The two boys exchanged a look as they glanced back at an extremely guilty-looking Luhan. "Luhan, it's...-" but before Donghae could say anything else, there was a click, the door was opened and the three of them were pushed aside, keeping watch on their savior. They were two familiar faces. "Come quickly!" one of them shouted as they helped them up and made a run for it, leaving the firefighters who were standing behind to put out the fire.

The five boys ran and ran until they felt like their feet were going to break off, and finally came to a halt at an alley. Luhan sat down on the ground as he wiped the ash off of his face with his sleeves, leaving dark grey marks on his black and white plaid shirt.

Kris got up to strike a blow on the boy's head, but the other boy grabbed his wrist before he could react. "Let us explain, Kris. We mean no harm to you," he said gently.

---------------

"So you're saying...Jessica put you up to this?" Donghae asked, furrowing a brow towards them.

"Yeah," he nodded. "We were forced to bully you."

"She's an awful person," Luhan muttered. "Anyway, Chen, Tao, would you mind telling us your story a little more in detail now?" he asked, at a quick attempt to change the topic.

"Well..." Tao said a little uneasily, but then turned to look at Chen who gave a small nod as some sort of confirmation. "Alright. Jessica's dad is our dad's lawyer and he needs his help to win a lawsuit. So we have to do horrible things for her in order to help our dad."

"In other words...you're being blackmailed?" Donghae asked looking down at his soot-covered hands.

"Yes," Chen said. "I wish we could do something which doesn't involve us helping other people or kidnapping innocent girls."

After a moment's silence, Donghae finally announced, "My father's friend is a lawyer. I think he could help you, you know."

Chen and Tao looked at him, their eyes smiling. "You have no idea how much that means to us."

Ruining the..er..'gladdening' moment, Kris chimed in, "Where is Eliza?"

"Oh, we almost forgot. Follow us," Chen said as his smile faded away and began leading them. The five of them bolted to where Jessica and Audrey had her in hostage.

----------------

"You Neanderthals!" Eliza bawled at the two girls who were sitting in front of her. "Why would you do something so sinful when I never even-"

"Oh shut up," Jessica snapped. "If I can't have Kris, nobody can."

"So that's what this is about?" she queried, rolling her eyes. "You can have him if you want. I'm not interested."

"What's the point, now?" she smirked. "They're dead."

Jessica moved in to a shocked Eliza and whispered in her ear, "Run away and never return, Eliza. If you know what's best for you."