Chapter Fourteen

"Did I hear that correct?" Eliza thought. "Excuse me?" she replied as she moved a step back since Luhan appeared to be leaning in closer and closer.

The boy with the sandy-brown hair sighed. "What I meant to say was, I knew Kris was going to leave all along. Which is why I warned you. I just...I don't know...my liking for a girl who didn't know better blinded me. I never wanted you to get hurt," he said, softening his tone.

Silence overtook the both of them, and Eliza broke it by thanking him. He smiled his signature small smile and pulled her in for a tight hug. "Now, what shall we do?"

"Let's visit Tao first," Liza helped and Luhan nodded in agreement.

And so, Tao eventually recovered, and he and Chen, with Donghae's help, found their father a new lawyer to work with, resulting in their father's company to win the case. Donghae began living a life of good with Tao and Chen and spent an hour of reflection on their deeds everyday. Luhan, Tao, Chen, Donghae, along with Eliza, all became best friends, and there was not a day when they did not spend an hour together.

They supported each other, cheered each other on, and most importantly --- kept faith. Kept faith that there would come a day where Kris comes back. A day where all of them would just sit together and laugh and remember the 'good ol' days.'

A day where they would forget all worries, and just look after each other, was what all of them secretly wished for.

Several years passed, and they graduated and soon specialized in each of their fields. Donghae took over his father's company --- let's just say his father retired and made him inherit it, and the family's property.

Each one of them, became something grand, someone who would work hard to make a difference.

As for Eliza, well, she became a journalist for writing was her love...er...one of them any way.

Never passed a day without her not thinking about Kris, or recalling their memories. She had to admit, she had fallen deep for him, and yes, as Luhan had promised, he was there for her. He comforted her, and as Kris had pleaded, protected her, and even called her just to talk sometimes. The sound of his voice soothed her. It was a reassuring voice, a voice that she knew and believed belonged to her best friend, her savior, a presence.

"Maybe someday...." she used to tell herself. "Maybe somebody, fate will bring us together," and Luhan just used to nod and smile in agreement. He never disagreed to what Eliza said or did, and just silently listened, because just simply being there for her was his main purpose.

Moving on...what ever happened to Kris? Did their wish come true? Or was it just some sort of despairable dream that came naturally?