Chapter Twenty-One

Kris walked up to Eliza, who was sitting at a public library, and kept his palms on either sides of the table and leaned in onto her. She looked up and smiled as she locked eyes with him, "Kris."

He smiled back wider as he sat down in front of her. She kept his eyes on him the entire time, completely ignoring how Luhan was sitting right there, in front of her, next to him. He noticed this and sighed, folding his arms in front of him and keeping his eyes on the furniture.

Taking her hand in his, he sighed, that happy sigh. As if, he had completely forgotten about his illness and wished he could be there, with her, for her, and grow old with her. Either way, they both just silently enjoyed each other's presence, and Luhan just sat there, as the third-wheel.

"Eliza," Kris finally said as he broke the silence. "I need to tell you something. Can we go outside to talk?"

She nodded and followed the two boys outside as she tied her arms behind her back, "What's up?"

"Listen, I...I don't know how to put this," Kris took in a deep breath as he continued. "I can't...be there for you anymore, alright?"

The smiles on their faces had faded and tears were beginning to form in each of their eyes. Eliza could feel her heart begin pounding hard in her chest as she asked slowly, "What do you mean?"

He reached for her hand, ignoring her question, and grabbed Luhan's as well. He then joined them together, placing them on top of the other, as he bit his lower lip, trying to hold back the heartbreak, "I want you two to be happy....together."

Eliza felt her face turn hot as her cheeks were now shaded with a light shade of red, "Why?"

"I know you two love each other and...I just want to see you happy. That is my last wish."

"L-Last wish?" Eliza stuttered.

Kris nodded sadly, but smiled as if to add some joy to the mood, "I need to go. But before that, you two need to promise me you'll never fight, or argue, and will always stay there for each other, no matter what, and you'll be thankful for everything that has happened."

Luhan and Eliza nodded and replied in sync, "We promise."

Kris smiled and embraced the both of them, whispering in Eliza's ear, "I love you and always did, since day one."

"I love you too," she said, returning the hug. Luhan had to admit he was jealous, but jealousy is never a good thing, is it? He would scold himself.

Bidding farewell, Kris departed and Luhan and Eliza both went separate ways. That is, until, the following morning.

Luhan called Eliza at about 8, and she knew it had got to be trouble, "Meet me at the park..now," he tried to say it as calmly as he could. But the girl was terrified at the fact he had called her there that early. Anyway, she accepted the invitation and went on her way.