Chapter Twelve

Eliza looked at Jessica like she was crazy when she took a step back. "Are you out of your mind?" she scoffed. "I can't just run away on your saying."

"Fine then. If you don't want to go away when I tell you nicely, then we will just have to deal with you the hard way," she replied coldly.

"What do you.." but Liza trailed off once she saw the revolver in Jessica's hand. "Y-You won't."

"Just watch me," she said pointing it towards her. "1...2..."

But before she could get to 3, there was the loud bang of (not the gun) but the door being hit against the wall after being pushed open. The five boys caught Jessica but she had already shot Tao in the shoulder. He fell down on the ground, and Donghae immediately sprinted towards him for help.

Chen and Luhan gritted their teeth as they glared at her, anger thick in their eyes. But before she could shoot them, Kris grabbed her and snatched it out of her hands, "Nobody," Kris growled. "Hurts the people that mean the world to me."

"Kris, sweetheart...you won't hurt your Jessica will you?" she asked sweetly, as she placed her hands over his. Kris responded darkly, "I could if I wanted to. Because, you're not mine anymore..and you never  were," and with those words, he tackled her to the ground and at that very moment, the policemen arrived.

And so, Jessica and Audrey were expelled from school, and jailed. Jessica threatened she would come back for revenge, but then again, she would just hopefully give up by the time she's out of there.

Tao was taken to the hospital for scans and recovery, and Luhan, Donghae and Chen went on their way after him. Kris wanted to stay behind, although Luhan tried to talk him into coming with them. "I promise I'll come visit you later," was all he could say.

Eliza brushed off the imaginary dust from her clothes as she looked up at him who was standing in front of her, "Why did you come?"

He sucked in a breath as he hesitantly reached for her and cupped her face in his hands, "I never meant to hurt you, Eliza. I was blackmailed..broken...used. I didn't-"

The girl interrupted, "You are forgiven."

A broad smile stretched across Kris' face as his lips soon covered her own. A couple moments later, he pulled away and with tears in his eyes, continued, "I've been wanting to tell you this since forever..I'm..going away."

"What?" she gasped. "Where?"

"I have to move away. My father...he isn't healthy. We have to settle out of country for his proper treatment, and I have to go for training somewhere," he sniffed as he pulled her into a warm embrace. "I don't want to leave you, Eliza."

Tears began escaping Liza's eyes as she hugged him back, "When are you leaving?"

This time, she could feel his tears actually fall onto her shoulder, "Tomorrow morning," he said in a dull tone. "We leave while you'll still be asleep."

Not saying more, they let go and silently walked home, hand in hand, both slowly breaking down inside. Eliza walked up the steps of her house as Kris followed. "Goodbye," he whispered as he kissed her forehead, hugged her momentarily again, and left, hands in his pockets and face towards the ground. "Goodbye," she whispered back as she gave him a small wave and went inside.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Protect her, Luhan," Kris said as he hugged Luhan who had come to see him off at the airport along with the three other boys.

"I will," he nodded slowly, returning the hug.

"Feel better," Kris said, turning to a now injured Tao. He nodded and smiled although the pain in his eyes was clearly visible. Kris bid farewell and departed. But was it forever? Who knows.

An hour later, Luhan pulled out his phone as he called Eliza, "He's..." but she completed for him, "gone, I know."

After a long moment of awkward silence, he finally said, "Do you..want to hang out..as..friends?"

"Anything to get my mind off Kris," she thought. "Okay. Where?"

"The park, alright? Just wait for me by 11."

Eliza accepted the offer and hung up. "This ought to be good," she said to herself as she exhaled slowly and got up to get ready.