Chapter Seventeen

Eliza and Luhan walked in, hand in hand, Liza wearing a beautiful flowy green dress with a light blue gradient towards the bottom. Sure, they looked like the perfect couple, but Luhan still had his doubts, then again, it's not everyday the girl of your dreams comes to you, arms wide open, is it?

"I'm glad you could make it," Kris smiled as he approached them, his arm linked with who seemed to be his fiancè. She had jet black hair, a tanned skin-tone and small twinkling eyes, full of her love for the man she was getting married to (cheesy, right?), donning a gorgeous royal blue gown with a rhinestone thing going on along the waist, Kris was apparently wearing the same colored tie.

Kris did the introduction, "Guys, this is Celina. Celina, these are my...friends...Eliza and Luhan." They all shook hands and talked for a while, when Celina decided to walk away to attend some more guests, leaving Kris standing there with the couple.

"May I talk to her?" Kris asked Luhan, who nodded and pushed away the fact to the back of his head that something might be going on. Leading her away to the corner of the room, he asked, "Why are you with Luhan?"

"Why do you care so much about what I do?" she sneered. "It's my life and none of your business," she spat those words at him and walked away to Luhan, leaving Kris flinching, and in complete shock and humiliation.

"Kris, honey?" Celina said quickly as she walked up to Kris and pulled him away to a vacant room, but little did they know somebody had overheard them and followed them, beginning to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"Yes?" he answered, "Why aren't we-"

"Why were you talking to her?" she interrupted.

"No reason," he sighed as he tied his hands behind his back.

"Why do you care so much about what she does?" she snapped.

Not thinking, he immediately blurted out, "Because I love her."

Taking a few seconds to realize what he had said, he punched himself in his head as he watched her face turn red with anger and embarassment, "No, I swear it's not what it-"

"Save it, Kris," she shouted, throwing her engagement ring at him. "You never did get over her, did you?"

"I did but I-"

"I'm sorry," she whispered, tears streaming down her face, "I trusted you," she screamed as she made her way towards the exit.

Meanwhile, outside, Luhan was listening. His eyes widened as he ran over to Eliza, grabbing her hand and leaving the mansion before Kris could see them, or him, especially outside the place they were arguing.

"What's going on?" she asked, curious.

"We have to go," Luhan murmered as he led her to his car and helped her in.

After getting in himself, he started it and drove off. "Where are we going and why did you leave?" she asked once again, irritated.

"It was getting boring," he said, then mentally kicked himself for coming up with a lame excuse. "I'm taking you somewhere special, so I'm not telling."

"Oh, alright," she said as she closed her eyes until the car came to a halt.

He helped her out once more and held her hand confidently as he led her to the edge of a dock which overlooked a lake lined by orange trees, cherry blossom trees, and some coniferous ones as well.

"Luhan, it's beautiful here," she spoke softly as she looked at him, the boy returning the stare lovingly.

"True, but not as beautiful as everything about you."

She blushed lightly as she looked at the sun which was slowly beginning to set. The sky was a magnificent orange, crimson, blue, what ever color you could think of. The sun eventually set and it was beginning to get dark as well as a bit chilly. Shifting in the place she was sitting, Luhan pulled her closer towards him and, before she could open her mouth to object, locked lips.