Chapter One

A couple of weeks had passed and the bullying had almost reached to an extreme. Eliza had to admit she was afraid to go to school but hid her fear by reading a book or maybe getting busy in some drawing or writing to forget about it. Today, she wore the same clothes she had worn a few days back and was caught by Kris while making her enterance.

"Well, well, well," Kris said. "Don't you look poorer than usual today."

Eliza ignored and pushed past him as she went up to her locker to take out her books, but he slammed the locker door, almost hurting her hand.

"What is your problem?" she asked, annoyed as she turned her back on him to walk away. He was busy finding the right words to say, and when he did, she was gone. "Damn it," he cursed under his breath as he sighed and strolled away to his other class.

"What's wrong, baby?" Kris' girlfriend, Jessica, asked him as she watched him walk over to her and sit down beside.

"Nothing really.." he replied as he opened his Maths book to practice some questions.

"There has to be something. That brat trying to steal you away from me again?" she asked as she folded her arms. 

"What brat?" Kris asked looking up from his book. "Oh..you know..Eliza," she responded. 

"She's not a brat."

"So you're telling me you'd pick that low class slut over me?" Jessica asked shocked. "What? no! I swear I didn't mean that!" Kris exclaimed. "Sure, you didn't. Listen up pretty boy, another mention about Eliza and you'll be sorry," she threatened him as she spoke through gritted teeth. Kris sighed as the teacher walked in and began paying attention, completely ignoring the tantrum his girlfriend had threatened to throw.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, look, there she is," Audrey, Jessica's best friend laughed, giving a dirty look to Eliza.

"Isn't she disgusting? Just look at those clothes! Thank goodness I have my Kris who gives her a piece of his mind," she smirked.

Kris walked over to Eliza with his hands in his pockets. "What do we have here?" he smiled evily as he snatched the book out of her hands. "Ew, a wikipedia. Who in the world reads something like this?"  

Eliza took in a deep breath as she said, "What ever I read, is not your business. Now if you don't mind, I-" but before she could finish her sentence, Kris interrupted her. "You what? Want this back?" "I'd like that, please," she sighed. "Fine then," he smiled as he stretched out his arms to give it to her but as he was about to, he caught Jessica's glare and quickly released it, making it fall to the ground. 

Poor Eliza quickly picked it up as she murmered, "What I have to deal with. No respect for books, I swear." 

Kris frowned a little after seeing the pain in her eyes and walked away to where Jessica and Audrey were standing. "What's wrong? You look like you're sorry," Jessica interrogated, disgusted.

"Sorry? I-I'm not sorry," Kris stammered while answering her. "Whatever, I hope you're not," she snapped as she flipped her hair behind her shoulder. "Let's get to class already."

Audrey and Jessica walked to their next class but Kris's pace was slower than theirs. He turned around to look at the spot where he hurt Eliza. "I am such an idiot," he said to himself, making his way to class behind them as the day continued to carry on.