Calling and Hauling

Trevor and I barely managed to sleep that night. It was absolutely heartwarming to see and hear how excited he was at the prospect of me becoming his wife. Wife. Man, that word just seemed so strange to use, particularly in relevance to me. I almost couldn't believe I was the one who had initiated the proposal now. A small part of me halfway expected Trevor to make me wait for an answer, as I'd done to him. But that wasn't his style. He felt what he felt when he felt it and he dove headfirst into everything, no questions asked. As reckless as he could be, his headstrong nature was still part of what I loved about him.

That following morning, our carnal celebration caused us to not get out of bed until almost 11. Eventually we managed to get up, showered, and as I was finishing making us a late breakfast, Trevor declared, "We need to see Mikey and Franklin. Let them in on the good news. Plus I'm dying to see their faces when I blow their fucking minds!"

 I smiled as I slid a plate of fried eggs, bacon and toast in front of him, which he quickly made short order of. "I'm down for that. I'll try to get in touch with Franklin first. Maybe we can all meet up at Pleasure Pier, take in the sights...just make a day of it." I placed my coffee mug down on the table as I sat down in a chair and looked through my phone to call Franklin. I dialed his number, putting him on speaker so both Trevor and I could listen and talk to him.

"Hey, girl, what's goin' on?", Franklin's voice greeted us.

"Hi, Franklin. Trevor's here too, I have you on speaker."

"Frankie!" Trevor happily exclaimed, leaning across the table and closer to the phone I held out. "My favorite gangbanger! You doing anything today?" 

"Hey, T...nah, not really any plans for today. Why?"

"Well, ya got plans now", Trevor informed. "Meet us at Pleasure Pier in about an hour. We're calling Michael next to come join the party, too."

"What's this all about, man? Did some shit go down?"

"All will be revealed in due time, my friend", Trevor mysteriously replied, winking at me before grinning. 

"Shit...Carmen, you gonna tell me what the fuck's going on?" Franklin's slightly bewildered tone made me ruefully smile.

"We just wanna hang, Franklin", I told him. "Yeah, we have some news, but we do want to spend time with you guys as well. Can you make it?"

Franklin paused a second before responding. "Well, seeing how secretive you two are acting, I'm assuming it's not anything dangerous, so...yeah, I can meet y'all."

"Awesome. We'll see you soon then."

"Later, Frank!", Trevor called out just before I ended the conversation. I then proceeded to call up Michael to also put on speaker, taking a sip of my coffee while we waited.

"Heya, kid", Michael answered on the third ring. "Good to know Trevor doesn't have you buried somewhere in that godforsaken desert yet."

"I just love how you talk me up to her, sugar tits!", Trevor snarled, his expression turning more sullen.

"Oh, hey T", Michael replied, and let out a short laugh. "Someone's gotta prepare this girl for your bat-shit antics, don't they?"

"I'm well aware of Trevor's quirks, Michael", I smoothly remarked, reaching my hand out for Trevor's to try and keep him calm. His happy demeanor had rapidly turned moody, as it usually did whenever Michael was giving him shit.

"Alright, alright", Michael conceded. "Since you're still there with him, I take it things are going well with you two crazy lovebirds?"

"Very much so", I told him. Trevor started to relax and grasped my hand tighter.