19

I walked fast paced down the building's long hallways until I found David's office once again, I knocked on the door and his head instantly whipped up to see me as I walked in. "Good morning to you too." He muttered when I slammed the box down on his desk. 

"Hayden's escaped," I said and his eyes widened before phoning the local police department. 

"Has Hayden Brown escaped prison?" Asked David leaned back into his seat, "And why didn't you tell us?" He asked, putting the phone into his ear. 

"Are you crazy, That's how you get officers killed. This guy is no normal serial killer, do not go after him alone let us help." He said and I gaped at this, they went after him alone are they crazy or are they trying to get themselves killed. 

He ended the phone call before slumping down in his seat, "Ash, Your not safe." He said and I nodded, knowing what he meant. "I'm phoning Hotch to tell him that your moving back to DC." He said and I looked at him shocked. 

"Just because I'm in danger doesn't mean I have to quit this job." I hissed at him and he raised his eyebrow at me. 

"Just because your moving back to DC doesn't mean that your quitting this job, since the case you on originates in DC." He said, "And anyway, he knows you live here that's why I'm sending you there. You can still work undercover, I'm not stopping you." He said and I smiled. 

*-*-*

I still had my own apartment here in DC, so I was lucky enough. The only problem, I'm on the same floor as Morgan and if I'm seen there is going to be a lot of confusion and questions coming straight from him about where I've been the last couple of months. 

I brushed my hair as I looked in the mirror, the scars that I had received over the past 2 months prominent on my skin but I didn't care, I closed my eyes as I took a deep breath once again as I let some tears come out. 

I heard my phone ring and I walked to it, picking up and seeing the caller id and I felt a small smile pulling at the edges of my lips. "Ross," I said answering it as I heard him chuckle. 

"It's nice to know that your back in DC, Ash."  Hotch said over the phone and I leaned against the wall and pushing my hand through my hair. 

"I didn't really get a choice, Hayden's out of prison. He escaped, I don't know how all I know is that he's after me and that's he not going to give up." I said as I walked to the kitchen and poured myself some coffee. 

"It's probably for the best if you weren't in New York when he escaped, He could've easily found you." He said. 

"Hotch, We have a case." Morgan's voice came from the background and I heard him sigh and cover the phone. 

"Sorry Ash, I've got to go." He said. 

"It's fine, I'll find something to do. Be safe," I said. 

"I will," He said. 

"Make sure Morgan is safe as well, please." I said and I heard him laugh before ending the call and I sighed in relief. I stood up and started pacing in my cramped apartment building's living room. 

"So Dante said that he loves to hurt kids maybe because he wants them to feel the same pain he did when he was younger or maybe it's a female that wants a baby, like a maternal figure. Maybe a mother that has lost her child." I muttered to myself when my phone pinged and I saw it was a text from Hotch. 

It said that they had a case in DC, so that if I wanted to keep myself safe that I have to be careful that I don't bump into anyone from the BAU or the FBI. I laughed at the text message before putting it down onto the table and started thinking again. 

I still didn't have a full profile of the killer but I knew that it had to be a female, that was killing the kids so I would need Dante to keep an eye out for Jason Vanez's whom I knew was in DC, girlfriend, wife or fiancee.