20

"Crap" I cussed when I rolled out of my bed and face first onto my wooden floor, probably waking up the people downstairs in the other apartment. Oops, oh well. I grudgingly pulled my body through to the bathroom and got into the shower and got ready for the day even though it was about 5.30 in the morning.

Hotch said he wanted my help and I was going to give it to him, he was in a cafe downtown and I was meeting up with him at about 6.30 this morning. I pulled my now very long hair into a bun before changing into a jumper that is cropped and pulled a pair of ripped jeans on and grabbed my car keys.

*-*-*

I opened the cafe door and the little bell jingled, I walked up to the counter and ordered a coffee. Which was given to me in record time and I walked over to a table, waiting for Hotch to arrive. I tapped my fingers on the wooden table when someone slipped into the booth and I looked up, a smirk made its way onto my face.

"Hello Ash," He said, looking me over.

"Hotch," I snorted, rolling my eyes as I looked in my handbag for the file that he was asking about. I opened it and pushed it towards him, and he smiled gratefully at me. His eyes widening.

"Seems like were working on the same case," He said and I closed my eyes, I let out a huff. I knew what this meant, "Ash, you know it's the only way. I know your scared of what Morgan and Reid will do but they will have to get used to you again." He said, grabbing a hold of my hand and rubbing his thumb over the back of my hand.

That's when we heard gunshots and a lot of them, both me and Hotch looked at one another before running out of the door, finding someone shot lying on the floor trying to get air into her lungs. "You deal with her, I'll go see if I can find him or her" I said to Hotch and he nodded, before flying down beside her and calling an ambulance.

"Put the gun down! Now!" I shouted, once I caught up with the guy. He turned to look at me with an evil glint in his eyes. "Max?" I asked, my voice caught of guard. I didn't even realise he had pointed the gun at me until he shot two rounds right into my chest and I fall to the ground.

*-*-*

"Heart rate in it's 30s! Get me a headboard and an IV!" A voice shouted in the background, "Hey, Can you tell me your name." Someone asked as I peeled open my eyes a little.

"A-Ash Ross," I whispered before I felt my eyes close again.

"Ash, keep your eyes open for me. Hurry up!" He shouted, before I was lifted up onto the board, "Ash, come on keep your eyes open!" He shouted as the ambulance pulled off.

"I-Is Hotch okay?" I managed to get out, and the doctor looked at me confused.

"Aaron Hotchner of the Bau, Is he okay?" I asked and he nodded.

"He was the one that called the ambulance, Your team is on the way. Although I don't think he told them that it was you, only to get to the hospital fast." He said and I giggled but turned into a coughing fit. "Don't try laughing, just keep your eyes open for me." He said, keeping his hands on mine.

"BP, 15 over 30." Said a female voice. I heard the man curse as we pulled up and the door open.

"Female in her mid 20s, shot twice in the chest and upper abdomen. FBI and CIA agent," He said as he pushed me out.

That's when I felt myself going through halls go past fast paced, flashbacks with Morgan, Reid, JJ, Emily, Garcia, Rossi and Hotch all came through. I felt a tear come down my eyes just as we entered the surgery room.

"Theres to much bleeding, if we don't hurry up we're going to loose her." Shouted one of the doctors.

Hotch's POV

I watched as the team flooded through the hospital doors, "Hotch," Said Rossi when he got in and I turned to look at them. "What's going on?" He asked, JJ and Emily looked worried.

"Come on Man, What happened?" Asked Morgan, now extremely worried. They don't know who it is and I know what happens when I will tell them who got shot.

"She's flatlining!" Shouted one of the doctors from inside of the surgery room, and I turned round fast and looked worried.

"Hotch," Said Emily and I turned to look at them, "What happened? You have to tell us everything," She said firmly.

"I was at a coffee shop, remember when I told you this morning that I had to talk to an old friend that has just come back to DC." I said and they all nodded.

"It's her isn't it? That girl you met at the coffee shop," Rossi said.

"I didn't tell you her name because I didn't want her to be asked multiple questions, when we heard shots. We both ran out, she told me to work with the female victim that was shot while she went after him. That's when I heard two more shots ring out, I went to find her and she was already down." I said and Rossi looked at me worried.

"Hotch, Who was it?" Asked Garcia, her eyes filling with tears.

The defining silence took me by surprise, "Ash Ross," I confirmed and they all gasped. Garcia was the first one to break down in tears and lean into Morgan. Rossi looked at the door behind me.

"We still haven't got a pulse! We're loosing her!" The doctor again shouted. JJ and Emily sat down and they held hands while Morgan was hugging Garcia and Rossi was beside me, Reid was looking down at his lap.

"We've got a pulse, suction"