Prologue

"It should be... right here." Zephyre pointed to a place on her map, then looked at the space in front of her, where there should be some sort of 'headquarters.'  But there was nothing there.  It had to be the right spot...

"Where are you?" A small animal walked into the clearing, wearing a strange pink-colored frog suit.  "Fro is lost!" It turned to Zephyre, with tears streaming from it's large, round eyes.

"Hm?" Zephyre kneeled, pulling a strand of dark blue hair behind her ear.  "Where are you from?"  She smiled softly.

"Fro doesn't need to go home.  Fro just needs to find Rogue!"  The creature's tears stopped momentarily as it sniffled, meeting her crystalline gaze.

"Do you need help?" She asked, tilting her head to the side.

"Can you help me, Miss?" It rubbed it's petite nose with its tiny paw.  This little cat-like animal was really adorable.

"Of course."  Zephyre smiled.  "Now, where did you realize that you were lost?"

"Fro doesn't know... there were a lot of people around, but Fro doesn't know where Fro was." A frown stretched across its round green face.

"If there were a lot of people around, it was probably back in the town.  It's not too far away." It jumped into Zephyre's arms as she walked in the direction in which she came.  The dirty flooring quickly became a cobblestone road as the sounds of people bustling through the nearby town could be heard.

"Maybe we should check by the fountain.  It's pretty easily seen from all parts of the town, so it will be easy to find someone."

"Fro thinks so, too!" The animal chirped.

As the two of them approached the elaborately designed fountain.  The sound of flowing water echoed through their ears.

"Frosch!" A low, worried voice caught Zephyre's attention.  She whipped her head towards the direction that she heard it as the green creature wriggled in her grasp.  It jumped to the road and ran toward the man that called its name.

Frosch and the young man, most likely the same age as the girl, hugged each other.  "I'm happy you're safe."

"Fro is happy, too!"  As Frosch slid back to the stone ground, it turned to the smiling dark-haired girl.  "Big sis helped Fro find you."

Zephyre giggled.  "Hello." She greeted and opened her striking white eyes, shining all different colors under the sunlight.

The smile that the man wore, accompanied with thick black hair that covered one of his deep crimson eyes, was wiped from his face as he finally took in the girl's entire appearance of a curvaceous figure, straight, midnight blue hair, and peculiar crystalline eyes.  "Wait... are you...?"

She tilted her head to the side in confusion.  "Am I..." She urged him to continue.

"... the 'Diamond Princess?'" He finally finished.

Zephyre's smile faded and she stiffened, taking a step back.  "Um, yeah... at least, that is what some people call me."  Her voice wavered nervously.  Conversations with people that began like this never really ended well.

The girl noticed the sheet of paper that he held in his hand.  She could vaguely see the sketch of her face illustrated on the surface, with scrappy lettering reading 'Diamond Princess.'  The nickname had caught on after a number of years as people who heard of her story created it.  She wasn't particularly fond of it, but she never really got far enough into conversations to give her real name.

"You really are?" The young man tilted his head as if studying her.

"Yes." Zephyre nodded slowly.  "Frosch mentioned that your name is Rogue, but I don't really know anything more than that."