*Seven*

When Rogue and Zephyre entered the village, a wave of children approached them with their parents watching them from a distance, wearing kind and welcoming smiles.  All of the children had light tans and wore tribal clothes, just like Aija.  They all seemed excited and eager to meet the two mages.

"Mister and Misses."  A young girl, no older than five or six, approached them, holding folded clothes in her tiny hands.  "When we heard that you guys were coming, we were so happy.  My mommy made these for you."  She lifted her thin arms.  Zephyre gratefully took the clothes in her own hands.

"Thank you very much."  The older girl smiled kindly and kneeled to her height.  "Tell your mom that we love them.  Thank her for us as well, please."  She placed a light kiss on the child's forehead as the girl ran back to her mother, skipping happily.

When she stood up, she met Rogue's crimson eyes.  He was wearing a kind and warm smile as he looked at the children who seemed awestruck with them.

"Are you guys really magical?" A child asked.

After exchanging a look, the two mages each lifted one of their hands, showing of each of their types of magic. A spiral of dark matter circled within Rogue's hand as Zephyre waved her fingers, showing off the diamond blades.

"That's so cool!"  Another young child exclaimed.  A young girl grasped onto both of the mages lowered hands and looked at them with fascinated wide eyes.  "Are you guys married?"  She asked innocently.

"N-no!" The mages responded in unison, avoiding each other's gaze shyly as their faces became red.

"Oh, that's too bad."  The little girl was slightly disappointed.  "You look like you were made for each other." She still beamed.

Before the two managed to respond, the girl ran off joyfully.

"Alright, everyone." Aija spoke up, waving his hands to calm the children down.  "They need to get going so they can save our village."  Every child obeyed his orders, rushing off to their parents' sides.  "Now, let's go see the Priestess."

Aija led the mages towards the cliff-side, where a large cavern pierced through the rock.  Authentic torches lit the cave, but nothing about it seemed eerie.  If anything, the air had an almost holy aura.  They reached a massive doorway etched in the stone.  The villager rapped on the door softly.

Like magic, the stone split into two and swung open slowly, revealing a large circular room.  The room was littered with shining, crystal-like structures.  The torch light flickered and danced across the crystals, looking nothing short of magnificent.  Near the center of the room a young woman stood regally.  She had beautiful, long, dark hair that reached her ankles, and she wore a pale garment, falling loosely over her body like a silk cloth.  Golden jewelry lined her arms, signaling she was practically royalty in this village.  She smiled warmly, but her eyes were shut and seemed as though they would never open.

"Priestess, these are the mages that are going to save us."  Aija introduced, speaking formally.

"I know.  I can feel how great their magic is."  The Priestess assured in her kind voice.  However, it's hard to read anyone's expressions without the honesty of their eyes.  "May I have your names?"

"Zephyre Noemi."  The girl introduced, in awe of the Priestess's aura.

"Rogue Cheney." He seemed equally as captivated.

"I would give you a name to call me, but I am only called the 'Priestess.'" The regal woman answered.  "I am very grateful that you are here."

"Aija said that you, Priestess, would be able to tell us what we need to know." Zephyre mentioned.