Chapter Fourteen; The Truth Reveals Itself

"Kasumi.. you have the Sharigan." Kakashi says slowly.

      I don't want to believe him, but I know it's true. I can see his undisturbed flow of chakra, and predict his next action by the way his muscles tense. I don't avoid it though. He places his hands on either side of my shoulders. "Kasumi-"

      The dome melts and we stand back to back, as do Guy and Jinichi. "You should help Guy. I'll assist Jinichi." I say softly, at a loss for words. He glances towards me before nodding. I grab Jinichi's wrist. "I'll take care of the fast ones, okay?" He nods. "Another with the Sharigan?!" I dodge their water attack, pushing Jinichi out of the way in the process. 

I cut two down with my sword, Jinichi takes down two also, Kakashi takes down three, and Guy two, leaving four left. "Kakashi, Guy, Jinichi. Get back ten feet." I order. Eigi smirks at me. "A little kunoichi like you taking on the four of us? I'd like to see you try." I narrow my eyes. "What business did you have in the Land of Hot Water?" I demand. "I took a few things that were rightfully mine as a Ninja." I blink, processing what he said. "You stole information.." I mumble. "Correct. I stole the information of various clans in the Land of Water. They can't be Shinobi anymore so I decided to carry on their legacy for them." 

"You want to start your own clan with the rogue ninja of the Land of Hot Water using the jutsu passed down from generation to generation. Those aren't for your eyes to see." I say, forming handsigns. "Ice Release: Ice Spear." I murmur.

      Two ice spears keep Eigi's shoulders to a tree, two for his hands, and another two keep his waist firmly planted. I turn towards the other three. I know I'm on my last bit of chakra. "Ice Release: Certain-Kill Ice Spears." Huge ice spears shoot out of the ground, plunging themselves through the three remaining men before melting. The three nameless opponents drop to the ground with a thud. I approach Eigi. I strip him of his weapon pouches and backpack as my team come towards us. I rise the spear planting his hands in place and with a flick of my finger, plunge it into his heart. 

Then, I pass out from exhaustion and lack of chakra.

(Kakashi's POV)

I could tell that she was extremely low on chakra. Her eyes were still blazing red - she probably doesn't know how to deactivate it. When she ends Eigi's life, I know she's on her last thread. I rush forward and catch her. The sun will be brimming over the horizon soon. 

We finish things up by returning the scrolls. I carry Kasumi on my back the entire time. "Are you sure you don't want me to carry her for a little while?" Jinichi asks. "I'm sure," I say, boosting her up. 

Everything makes sense now, though. How her father betrayed the village. What her brother has been trying to tell her in her dreams - that their father betrayed the village by commiting adultry and sleeping with a woman from another village. 

(Kasumi's POV)

I open my eyes, seeing the gates of Konoha first. "Kakashi," I whisper. He shudders beneath me. "How do I deactivate it?" He mutters instructions quietly and I follow his directions, my eyes returning to their regular color as we pass the guards. "I can walk, you know." I mutter. "Well, you used the Sharigan for a good portion of the fight without ever having of used it before. Your chakra almost reached zero." I sigh, giving in and resting my chin on his shoulder.

I still can't get over the fact that I have the Sharigan. I know what my father did now to betray the village.

         I know one thing for sure though; I have to return to Kirigakure.