"Your Brother's Dating my Brother."

Chapter 7

-Kaylie's Point of View-

There was that obnoxious annoying beeping and I groaned in response to it. I was in no mood for obnoxious beeping and just hearing it had began to make me angry. I pried my eyes open and I glared at the source of the noise, only to find a heart monitor and my mouth dropped open in confusion.

What the fuck?

When I felt a slight pinch in my right arm when I moved it, I looked down and ripped the needle out. I unclipped the thing on my finger and took the tubes out of my nose before sitting up and stumbling over into the bathroom. The monitor was making the most obnoxious noise now, but that was probably because it couldn't pick up a pulse.

After I had done the necessary things in the morning, like wee and make sure my hair didn't look like a total rat's nest or that there was dry spit round my mouth, I walked out of the bathroom and into an irritated looking nurse. She glared down at me and Mum's face came into view with the same look on her face that the nurse had.

"What's the matter with you?" the nurse asked, grabbing hold of my shoulders and ushering me back to the bed, "If you had to use the toilet, you could have paged, or called out or something, don't just rip these out."

"Kaylie, you nearly scared me half to death!" Mum scolded and I grunted in response just as the nurse shoved the needle back into my arm. I narrowed my eyes at the nurse when he turned away from me.

"Only half?" I questioned with an eyebrow raised to my mother and she glared, clearly not in the mood for me right now. My fingers twitched as I looked down at the needle in my arm and I just so wanted to pull it out. "So, uh, when can I leave?"

"If all goes well, tomorrow morning," Mum sighed, running her hand through her hair. "What happened yesterday?" I shrugged, I couldn't even explain what happened yesterday. Ryan was being a dick, Andy and his brother were trying to help, someone called the police and an ambulance and I guess I was taken to A&E and here we were. But I couldn't tell Mum that because she'd demand details and I wasn't one for petty details.

"A lot of things," I muttered, running my free hand through my annoyingly limp hair and released a sigh. "It's just really... petty. My mistake, Mum, this whole thing was my mistake." She was about to say something, but in skipped Collin with a large smile and a styrofoam cup of what I was assuming was coffee.

"You're awake!" he announced and handed Andy his cup and ran over, picking me up from the bed and attempting to carry me out, but Mum stopped him and pointed to the needle in my arm and he frowned. "No, no, that won't do..." he took it out gently and the nurse went to protest, but Andy stopped her.

"She's been released already," he said and Mum turned to nurse in confusion and he shrugged in return, obviously not knowing what to make of it either. "I talked to her doctor not five minutes ago. Said she was alright and Collin signed her out."

Mum narrowed her eyes at my brother and he stiffened, quickly looking away and carried me out without any other words. I didn't understand what was happening here, but I wasn't going to question it because I just wanted to leave already and get some Chinese food.

"On our way home, you're buying me Chinese food, Collin," I informed him as he stepped into the lift with Andy coming in after. He merely nodded before repeatedly pressing the button for the lobby. I lay quietly in his arms.
-

Happily sat on the couch in my living room, leaning against Collin whilst eating Chinese food, I flicked through the many channels on TV and frowned when nothing appeared to be on. Well, nothing good, anyway. I was just met with disappointment and I didn't like it, it was making my Chinese food taste weird.