Reliving the past

"I said fight!" Came hamegg's yell as he shot electricity at Zog. When astro tried to protect him he took a blast next

You gasped and your hands flew over your mouth.

"I won't fight." Astro declared getting to a stand.

"Fight!" Hamegg commanded shooting him again.

"Ahh!" Astro yelled walking back.

"That's enough!" Zane shouted getting to a stand.

"Don't!" You shouted after him standing as well.

"What is the matter with you? They are just machines they'll do what I tell them." Hamegg stated clearly getting flusterated. He jumped off his flying machine as he marched towards Astro.

"What? I'm gonna get embarrassed by some supped up hotshot from metro city?" He asked shocking him again.

"A hundred year old bulldozer from new jersey?" He yelled firing another round.

Astro yelled in pain again and you felt your temper coming to a climax. Fortunately years of having Todd's infuriating behavior while you were dating taught you well. You'd not blacked out for over 4 years now.

But this was proving to be too much for some reason. Inwardly you were begging yourself not to move. But your fists began to tremble.

Suddenly your foot touched a rock. You bent down, your fingers closed around the stone, your arm swung. And when you realized it was too late.

The stone hit it's Mark hard and true. Smack into hamegg's head. He fell to the ground with a shocked yelp and dropped his gadget. Zog walked towards him menacingly and you heard your own breath hitch.

"Stop!The laws of robotics! You can't hurt a human. It's been that way for fifty years!" Hamegg said stumbling backwards.

"I'm old school." Zog replied almost uncaring about to crush him. But Astro caught him by the foot.

"What kind of robot are you?" Hamegg asked his face pale. And a smile came to your lips.

"One with a heart." You said quietly. Suddenly a metro city ship came into view and started to land in the ring.

Metro city guard poured out once the ship landed and you felt your stomach plummet. Cora got to a stand with widened eyes.

"What are they doing here?" Something in your mind clicked and you stepped forward. Suddenly your uncle stepped onto view.

"Seize the rouge robot and secure the area."

"Astro!" You yelled and gasped covering your mouth as your uncle's gaze turned toward's you.

You froze in place and your heart went off in your ears. Two guards grabbed Astro.

"Hey!" He shouted once they grabbed him.

"You two get that girl." He commanded and you stumbled backward as the two guards made their way through the crowd. But you stumbled backward and fell into the ring once again. You landed in another guard's arms. You struggled and kicked but it was useless.

"What are you doing?! Let her go!" Astro demanded as the guard set your feet on the ground But twisted your arms painfully behind your back.

Zog grabbed the two guards that held Astro and his eyes widened.

"No! Zog stop!" When Zog paused Astro made a downwards motion with his arms. "Put them down." He looked back at you then to cora. "It doesn't matter anymore."

The crowd began to boo as you felt cuffs surround your wrists. And Astro looked at you with a sad frown. "I'm sorry." He looked back at Cora and the others. "I tried to tell yo-"

"Keep moving." The guard urged shoving him forward. Trashcan ran after you both and grabbed the guard's leg. The guard shook him violently and you panicked.

"Don't hurt him!" Running over you put your hands on the man's arm and he knocked you away by slamming his arm against your face.

You hit against another guard dazed and trashcan was thrown to the ground as the guard growled.

"Get off!" Astro gave you a worried glance but you hardly saw as you were shoved forward.

"Its ok trashcan." Astro whispered sadly and then followed you.

You and Astro were shoved into a seat next to a window and you looked at Astro worriedly. Astro remained silent and stared at the ground.

In the background you could hear your uncle muttering. Under his breath then walked over to you and Astro.

"I've got the blue core. My peacekeeper is gonna start a war with the surface. That's bound to get me reelected." But his tone seemed unsure towards the last bit.

You blinked uncertainty shining in your face. Was your family really this stupid? Your uncle clearly had no morals but you didn't remember him being this absolutely idiotic.

"Why the long face robot boy? We're takin' you home to your dad. Care for a drink?" He held up an oil can and started to laugh mockingly.  Now that you remembered. The mockings after you lost a fight and how he'd bring up your failures while you fixed yourself up.

"Ah (y/n) long time no see." Your uncle said turning to you. "The surface teach you any new techniques?" He asked with a smirk.

"No." You growled back. You're uncle hummed quietly.

"Well we'll work on that. If this president thing falls through you'd best brush up on your skills." Astro looked at you with a confused and worried frown.

"What does he mean?" He asked your uncle walked away. You only glared after your uncle for a second. But when you glanced at Astro he looked genuinely concerned. With a sigh you slumped against the seat looking at the ground.

"When I was younger my father was a martial arts prodigy. He taught me everything he knew and I became undefeatable. My dad had me start training in marital arts tournaments to help me sharpen my skill." Astro tilted his head and watched you carefully.

"But when I was 7 my father passed away. My uncle was my only guardian. He forced me to go into illegal battles. Against very advanced opponents." A sigh escaped your lips. "So I ran away."