Pain Rekindled

You felt numb as Cora and the Dr. spoke. You were hardly listening. Until Zog came over and that's about when you started listening.

"Do you think you could spare some for our friend here?" Dr. Elfun asked gently. A burst of hope exploded in your chest. You backed away to give Zog room.

You watched as Zog walked forward and pointing a finger he poured the blue core energy into Astro. It kick started the core and the core began producing energy once again.

You clenched your hands together in front of your lips in a silent prayer. As the energy lifted Astro from the ground. Slowly Zog placed him back on the ground and Astro remained motionless for a second. Then slowly opened his eyes weakly with a light groan.

Astro's eyes widened as he came to and you the weight of the world fall off your shoulders

"Dad." Then his eyes fell on you. "(Y/n)." Then his eyes widened in realization and he jolted up to a sit. "What happened? Is the peacekeeper gone?" He asked looming around.

Tenma leaned down and put a hand on Astro's shoulder reassuringly.

"Yes." He replied gently. Astro stared at him and a huge smile crossed over his features before he hugged Tenma tightly.

"Bu-but how am I still-" Astro never finished his question as Tenma leaned to the side to reveal Zog. Astro's eyes fell on the giant robot and he ran over hugging him as well. "Thank you Zog." Zog only shrugged.

"No biggie." All your friends ran to him and Cora followed in suit. When she reached the gang she hugged Astro and a small pang of jealousy hit. Before you quickly scolded yourself mentally.

And while you were distracted Astro walked over and held out his arms invitingly.

"Aren't you gonna hug me?" He asked with a sly tone as if knowing your thoughts. You smiled and jumped into his arms. Suddenly tears pricked your eyes as you hugged him and worry built in your stomach.

"Astro?" You whispered so quietly you barely heard yourself.

"Yeah?" He asked more confidently.

"If you like Cora I totally understand. You don't have to pretend for me." You mumbled about to pull away but Astro kept his arms around the small of your back.

"I'm not pretending. (Y/n) I like you." Astro said smiling gently at you. You breathed a sigh of relief as Dr. Elfun spoke up.

"Astro I think you finally found your place. You're a hero. A robot with the heart of a lion." Tenma smiled and gave a nod.

"And everyone finally knows it."

Zane gave a whoop as he lifted Astro off his feet and you grinned after them as they marched towards the cheering crowd when your arm and back seared and you gave a small gasp in pain clutching your arm. Suddenly you heard someone call your name from behind you.

You turned and saw someone standing behind some fallen rubble. You could only see their figure and they looked to be your age but their face was hidden by the shadow the rubble cast over them.

"(Y/n)!" They called panickedly and somewhat quietly as if hoping no one else would hear. At first glance you thought it looked an awful lot like Todd.

You watched Astro being carried away and then curiosity got the best of you. Looking back over you saw the figure was missing. Tilting your head in curiosity you held your arm walking over. You passed under the shadow the rubble cast over you and looked around but saw no one.

With a shrug you were about to leave when you were grabbed and shoved roughly into the wall of rubble. It cut deeply into your wound on your back and you gave out a short scream before a hand covered your mouth.

You panted through the hand and froze when your eyes locked on to two chocolate brown orbs. Slowly the figure lowered his hand and a breath blew past your lips a whisper.

"Toby?"

THE END

For like real though this time. I'm not sure if I should make a sequel or just continue this book but yeah lemme know if you guys want me to continue.