Chapter 3

Harry's POV

"Where is she?" I ask Joan through the dial, waiting for Kendall to pick her up for our 'first date' tonight.

"She's gettin' ready, just hold on, darling." Joan answers patiently. "Remember, be nice, get to know her and don't mention Taylor." She warns me, making me abruptly hang up, clenching my jaw tightly. This bitch tells me what to do like a puppet and I'm doing what she says, that's funny, but I'd like to remind myself that I'm doing this for the band.

I occupy myself by driving my range rover further in Kendall's new york apartment. As soon as I drive in, she walks out and I get out of the car to greet her.

She's even prettier in person, her medium-lengthed silky, chocolate brown hair is straightened and she wore skinny jeans, sharpening the length of her height.

"Hi." She says, greeting me with a warm smile and reaching her hand out, carrying her designer handbag in the other. "I'm Kendall." She says and I take her hand, shaking it and nodding my head, "I'm Harry." I smile back at her and I put my hand back to it's normal position; in my pocket.

"So, where are we going tonight?" She smiles and I answer, hesitantly, not sure if my answer will totally impress her.

"Er- you want Sushi or Chinese?" I ask her and she thinks for a while before looking straight into my eyes.

"I had-uh, sushi last night so maybe we should go for Chinese?" She stares into my green eyes with her chestnut eyes.

"Er- yeah, th-thats alright." I say and look away, breaking our gaze, I quickly nudge her to the car and I open the door for her, per usual manners.

The drive was silent. Neither Kendall and I talked and I have to admit, the car ride was bloody awkward and she was on her phone most of the time, making it more harder for me to come up with an appropriate topic.

Once we arrived to the crowded restaurant and settled down on our table, I knew I had to start talking somehow.

"So, Kendall, what do you do in your career?" I ask, aware that my lack of knowledge might bother her.

"Uh, I do photo shoots - I'm a model." She answers and I nod at her response. The job suits her quite well, her height, body shape and all.

"So, why'd you decide to agree to this contract?" She asks, changing the subject completely.

"Er, career-wise, it's for my band and y-yeah that is pretty much it." I finish my sentence along with my drink. I figured that I shouldn't tell her anything about Taylor. Not now atleast, it's certainly not the appropriate time and I can tell that the questions Kendall are going to ask will involve Taylor at some point.

"And you? How did you decide you were to sign the contract?" I ask back, half out of curiosity and the other half just not wanting to make this awkward.

"Mom kind of, um, forced me into it. She wanted to, like, try something new, I guess." She answers my question and I nod, reciprocating her previous actions, only to realize that I've made this awkward once again. I really suck at this.

Dinner was the same shit as as the car ride. Dull and common, no interesting chats, we only small-talked about the food and I have a feeling we're only going to go as far as friends and nothing further.

Fans start to crowd and shrink in, forming a mob, right outside the small restaurant.

I look at Kendall, signaling that maybe we should go and she nods, picking up her things as I stand up, grabbing my phone and shoving it into my pocket.

Stepping out of the door was chaotic and that's not enough to make this harder, but my car is parked quite far away.

"Shit." I cuss under my breath and Kendall looks at me, with worried eyes. Pretty soon, like always, fans begin to swarm all around us and we're just stuck. Kendall became lost in sight and I try to find her through the sea of fans and flashing cameras.

I go back, refusing to continue on walking without her. A man's always going to have to look out for a woman.

After a while of walking through the overcrowding fans who seem to cover my whole atmosphere, only stopping for a moment for a picture or an autograph, I find Kendall. Thank god she's with another security guard, it's utter mayhem and I'm not planning to go back and find her again, so I grab her hand and without hesitation, she tightly grabs it back. With that, hand in hand we both walked through the crowd and by the time we got to the car, everything was spinning and swirling. Paps were banging at the windows and it was difficult to drive. The flashes momentarily blinds me and it frustrates that I can't do anything normally without these things hapenning.

But out of all of this, my first priority is to hopefully make it clear to Taylor one day about this because I can already see the strings of my promise turning into small shreads, I just hope that maybe it won't turn that way.

Taylor's POV

I flicker my car keys and the car engine roared to life.

As soon as I started driving, I turn the switch to start the radio only to hear about basic rumors. So I kept driving to Zac's house; my destination.

The greenlight flicked red and I intended to smoothen out my brake for once, but something caught my attention.

"Harry Styles and Kendall Jenner was recently spotted holding hands in front of a restaurant! Talk about PDA!"

As soon as those words fumble into thoughts, I brake suddenly causing everything to move forwards like an abrupt gravitational pull.

"No, no, no. I just- no, it can't be. I thought we-" I start to say to the radio until I realized that I was again talking to myself as if he was sitting right next to me.

The red light number signals a minute and I fumble to get my phone out of my pockets to search my nightmare.

I finally got a hold of the mobile device and race my fingers towards the search bar and sure enough, it is the most searched.

And then the picture appears. I stare at him and then at her, repeating those actions over and over, I came to the point where all didn't matter and I told myself it was photoshop but deep inside, the truth stabbed me and jabbed me and kicked me and punched me and slapped me again and again.

Even though I couldn't help but look at the way his wide eyes showed that familiar shade of green, the ones that mean everything to me and how his eyebrows furrow into a curve, showing so much of his concentration. And then I look at her, I heard she's way tall and her body shape screams out "model". But I got an instant hatred, I just don't know anymore, I mean I don't hate her as an individual but I hate her in general already. I hate how perfect her silky, straight hair is compared to my messy, patternless curls. I hate how her chestnut brown eyes sparkled and how her arms and legs are so thin and slim. I hate how her emotionless face looked so naturally beautiful. I just instantly picked up a disliking that is undescribable.

"Why the fuck would you do this to me?" I whisper as if he could hear me. I wipe abrupt tears rolling down the side of my face, not bringing myself to look at my phone.

My thoughts got pushed away by a sudden honk from the car behind and then the car two rows behind and then sooner or later, it caused a domino effect, so I quickly accelerated, but I turned around. I wasn't even bothered to go to Zac's house anymore. I wasn't bothered to do anything at all. I just want to go home and lay in bed and sleep just to forget a little. It could at least be a second and I'd still not regret it.

I could feel it. I can feel myself breaking, like pastries when you lift it up and bite them. I can hear my beating heart and with every beat, I can hear the ripping sound of paper, like being torn into shreds and I figure out that I might as well slowly, but surely and definitely painfully, break along with the stupid promise.

.

ew no wtf kendall go away am i right or am i right