VII

Remington was sitting cross legged on the floor, he looked out the window of my apartment. "When you said you understood.." he trailed off. I looked up from my computer.
"What did you mean?" He asked not looking away from the window. I closed my laptop. I ran a hand through my hair. "Maybe I'll tell you later- just know I know how you feel- and I want nothing more than for you to be happy." I said. And he hesitated- but nodded.

"Just tell me when you're done tricking me." He said. "I'm not tricking you Rem, I just wanna help." I replied.
"People don't just 'wanna help' Y/N." he said quietly. "You've just been around the wrong people." I told him. He looked over to me, his lips parted in shock.

"Did you wanna go for a walk? You don't need to be cooped up in here." I asked him. He sat up straight and alert like a dog. "Oh Remmy- you can do whatever the fuck you want here." I assured him. He laughed a little. "Habits I guess." He ran a hand through his hair. "We can go buy you some stuff, I'll try to prove that I'm not tricking you." I said. And his face lit up. I got up and slipped on my shoes. He had dark track-pants on and a black t-shirt, his face was clean and soft- his hair was wavy and natural.

He was gorgeous.

"I swear to you- one day- I'm gonna buy you a fucking house or something." He squeezed my hand and put on his shoes. "I'm just glad to help- and making friends with a hot boy just so happens to be a bonus- now get the hell out." I ushered him out of the door so I could lock it behind us. He laughed a heart fluttering laugh that would make any girl swoon

"Now stranger- tell me about yourself." I asked him as we walked. "Not much to tell- I've been medicated and tested on half my life." He shrugged like it wasn't a big deal. I put my hand on his shoulder as we walked out of the building. "Not that- don't talk about that- what do you like?- what was that symbol on your wall?" I asked him. "Ohkay- uh- I like music- I used to be in a band with my brothers when I was younger, we started to rebrand but I got "sick", but music has always been a big part of me, I like..... Nutella, and coconuts and Mario kart. Uhhhh I also like Harry Potter." He said. And I held in my laugh. I guess no one had really asked him what he liked for a while.

"That's funny?" He asked me with a smile. "Yeah it's cute. And you were in a band?" I smiled. "Yeah it was called Kropp Circle-" "clever." I noted due to the fact it was a pun on his last name. "We rebranded off of Disney into a fashion-art band called Palaye Royale- which was that symbol you saw. But that was a while ago." He said.
"That's actually sick as hell." I said

I looked over to him and he was looking at the buildings, the people, the sky, me, the ground, the cars, me, street signs, his feet, and me.

"What about you?" He asked me as we walked down the street together. "Hmm- I like music, drawing, reading, sleeping, and I can play a few instruments." "Oh so you're perfect, cool." He said with a sassy undertone. I pushed him gently. He laughed.
"I can play the piano." He added. "Me too, and guitar and drums." I told him. "Oh well fuck- I'm one hell of a kazoo player." He said pretending to top my comment.
"I didn't mean it to sound like that." I laughed. He laughed with me.

"What role we're you in this band?" I asked him. "I sang." He ruffled his hair around, looking forward.
I almost tripped. "No fucking way, I need to hear this- how old were you like 14? Oh my god." I said and he laughed at me again a blush crossing him.

For a few hours we made jokes and I got to know him better, he asked me thousands of questions. It was really late and most of the stores were close to closing, but I really only paid attention to Remington: who was taking in every detail of everything like a lost dog. I bought him some Nutella and other necessities and things he liked. I could see how vulnerable and thankful he was. It made my heart warm.

I wish I had someone like this at my low point.

I wish I could tell him why I was helping him.

I wish I knew why he said I couldn't trust him.

I wish you knew Remington- just how much I care.