XI

"REMINGTON!" I called again, my heart began racing when I saw that his shoes and keys were still here. I threw his book back into his room and ran around the apartment.

"REM?" I called and I practically kicked down the bathroom door. The bathtub was filled with about a foot of water. Remington had bloodshot eyes and all his clothes on. He sat in the water in the dark room.

"Please please please tell me you didn't." I practically ran over to him. He showed me his arms weakly. Still bandaged. I let out a breath and fell onto the floor. "Why didn't you call me? Why are you here? I need to tell you something" I said running my hands over my face, I grabbed his hand and I kissed it. I held it in mine like it was glass. "Why?" I asked him again. I couldn't stop the tears from flooding into my eyes. "I got scared" he barely made a sound when he spoke- I had to read his lips.

"I- I didn't know what to do. I didn't wanna-" I stopped him. "Shh, it's okay, you didn't do anything wrong, I'm sorry I left you, I'm just glad you didn't hurt yourself." I said and I pressed his hand to my face. "Whats wrong with me?" He asked me, his hair hung in his eyes and his lips were dry. "Oh Remmy baby, nothing- that's what I need to tell you." I said. He sat up weakly. He offered me his hands like the first time. I sat down in the tub with him. The water ran through my clothes and I looked directly at him.

"I've never met anyone like you- and I'm telling you right now- there is nothing wrong with you. You don't have schizophrenia. Remington you're just bipolar." His hands were tight and then they were limp. "What..." his mouth dropped. "I went over everything the doctor said, you can have voices with bipolar disorder, you're not crazy Rem- just-just sad." I said with a small laugh to hopefully lighten his mood. I knew he wanted to smile, but he was conflicted

"I'm gonna help you okay?" I said to him and I could see so much going through him. I hugged him, he didn't hug me back. "I'm gonna kill him." He finally spoke.
"What..." I asked.
"I'm going to kill him." He repeated, a growl in his voice I hadn't heard before- anger. And I felt a tang of fear shoot through me.
"Remmy no- you gotta listen to me-" "he took me away from my family because I was what- depressed? Because I had mood swings?!" His voice was low and rumbled like thunder. I didn't want to be scared, but I was.
"Remington please.." I begged him but he wasn't even looking at me. I couldn't imagine how angry he was, but I needed him to calm down.

"They thought I was something I wasn't."
"They misunderstood me."

Those were the words I had said to him. He purposely repeated them back to me. I grabbed his face and made him look at me. I held his face with my hands, staring at him. My hands were still shaky. "I'm going to fix this." I practically whispered. And I felt all his muscles relax.

"You make me calm." He said. And I couldn't help but smile. "I won't leave you like that again, I promise." I said to him and he nodded. I pressed my lips to his. And he kissed me back gently. "I'm sorry-" "don't." I stopped him. "You're perfect. I have better medication for you- and I'm going to kick that doctors ass and talk to your family and I'm going to make sure you're okay.

No matter what."

His lips parted. His eyes looked heavy. I opened my arms to him and he lied down in them. The water began to get cold, but he held onto me like it was needed. He just hugged me as we laid in the tub.

He finally spoke after we had both calmed down.

"You could never imagine all the things I want to tell you, but I don't know how, you could never guess how much I love you, you could never know how much I am thankful for you. You could never understand."