Heartbeat

She stepped out of office, lost in some other world in her own thoughts.
As she took her first step away from the building, a car stopped in front of her with a shrill sound of breaks.

She knew it's his car, of course she knew! How many times they had travelled in it ! He use to pick her from her hostel to office, she use to laugh on him attimes as he always knew she would not be ready yet he used to come at the same time and wait infront of her hostel for 5 to 10 minutes. She got a feable smile on her lips.
Should she dare to take his car for the last time today?

No! She shouldn't. She had already caused him many troubles and much pain. Now she should not bother him. Above all now her way is different how can she expect him to go few extra miles for her though he always did that. But now he shouldn't, she doesn't have that right to ask for such favaur anymore.

She decided in herself and stepped another few steps away from office and his car as well.

All sudden he accelerated it and reached ahead of her, pulled breaks hard and started to accelerate while pressing breaks. Is he mad at her? But why? They both knew it's gonna happen one day.

But why not ? After all she is the one who's backing out from this unspoken bond.

"I should not loose this last chance to live. Atleast for last time I can feel his presence and may be my heart's too."

She told herself and stepped ahead to the front seat to sit beside him as she always did, but as she reached the door he leaned a bit and gestured her to sit at back. He had locked doors so she could not sit next to him.
"What was this? "
She exclaimed while sitting at back seat.
"What? " he said calmly without looking back and started to drive.
"What! That! You stopped for me then made so much of noise that I had to come! Then you locked the bloody door!" She fumed while peeping from behind almost leaning over him from the back.

"It's getting dark. You have to go a long way and it can start to rain anytime. I can't let you go alone in such situation." He said coldly wearing his shades.

"And what about this door thing? You know I always sits at front, that's my place." She said in complaining manner.

"But now it's not my right" he said with bit more cold and rude tone as if his pain has started to come out.

His words dragged her to reality. She sat back calmly adjusting her clothes and herself next to window she too grabbed her shades and wore it.

"It's getting dark out side and you wearing dark shades?" He almost taunted.

"So are you!" She replied in same manner.

It made him more furious and he pulled off his own shades and crushed it. His palm stared to bleed as it left few cuts on his palm.

She gasped but couldn't utter a word as she never saw him this much angry.

"I said remove those shades!"

He grinned while looking in rear view mirror.

She removed her shades and kept in her purse.

He was driving silently looking at her in mirror. She was sitting silently trying to avoid his gaze as she doesn't have that courage. Though he never said but she knew what she was for him for last one year, what he is for her.

Before she could start to relive their moments from past year her cell rang. It was her father. She had to pick the call,
" Yes dad, i have resigned. Yaa Yaa don't worry I will not miss my train. I will be there by tomorrow."
She took a pause as her father must be saying something. He smiled to hear her while looking at her through mirror at the same time she looked up and their eyes met. She felt as her heart will come to mouth, closed her eyes and gathered courage to speak up without shaking her voice.
"Dad... don't worry I will be fine and... yes am fine with your choice . If you have chosen he must be best for me.
Yes dad... love you. See you."