Some Day...

"Ah! Why it has to be broken here in midway?"

"I think to have fun with us, Sam." I teased my silly buddy.

"Ha! Ha! Very funny. I'm freezing here and you are cracking bad jokes with your aged bike."

"Hey! Watch your words, dude! Nothing about my darling Ok." I warned him as I know how it irritates him when I prefer my bike over him.

"Yeah, yeah, no words against your love. Give me your gloves or my hands will freeze."

"No, you should have worn yours but no it would affect your cool looks, now be Icy cool."

I refused as was wearing a jacket with pockets, and his hands were already in it while I was dragging my broken bike along with us in the hope to find some mechanic or garage.

"Ok, cool, let me freeze on this freezing evening, at outer skirt of our old town. This is the reward of being your Best Friend." The drama queen in male attire complained.

"That was pathetic, you know that right?" I chuckle a bit at his complaint.

"If there was a girl instead of your friend you might have given your that damn Jacket, and not even gloves for me huh!" Another complaint, who would believe this guy is a working 27 years man, not a college-going teenager.

"Ok, ok, once we get a mechanic you can get my gloves but then you will be on the front and I will sit at the backseat." Here comes the complaining face only, "Dude, we are almost in town."

"Thank God!" He exhaled, overlooking my words.

"For what?"

"You go give a bike, I will find some table and order some comforting food for us."

I turned around to locate a small cafe at the corner of the street, thankfully, a small mechanical shop was also there just a few yards opposite to it.

***

"Atharv! Here Dude, this side." Sam waved his arms with a loud voice as if calling from miles.

The cafe was small yet quite cozy, seems a lot had changed after we left the town.

"Relax Dude, you don't need to be that excited to get a table and disturb others." I reminded him about the place being packed with people, as I approached him.

"Certainly I'm not excited for a table but Her." He gave his brightest smile since we had started our journey.

But I found myself blank, out of space as he moved a bit to reveal the person sitting opposite to him.

"Arya..." All I could mutter was the name, which always echoes in me like an eternal sound in voids of this cosmos.

"Hi, Atharv. How are you?"

That voice, I felt like my feet got cemented at place or my body got paralyzed at the spot.

"Arya..." I tried to fake a smile, "I'm good. You here...all's well, right?"

The moment I gathered myself, I could see a weird coldness in those deep brown eyes. Even though she was trying her best to hide it behind her contagious smile.

"Yaa, all good. Even great. As we met. Finally, after such a long time." She exhaled with some laughter and I could see something changing in her eyes.