No. 41

I woke up that morning with shrill cries of Martha.

It took me a few seconds only to recognize her before rushing toward her room.

When I reached there She was throwing almost everything at others just in order to keep them out of her room and let her cry in silence.

Unlike normal people, She never realized thar her cries were not avoidable at all. It never was. But in last three months She had improved a lot.

As I entered She just threw the only remaining Utensil at George. At the same time I came between and it struck at my forehead.

Her abuses turned into continues apologies as She heard my cry.

"I'm so sorry Sheron, why you came between us. This bastard is trying to take me out to that room. And you saved him!" Martha's voice fluctuated as She looked up between me and George.

"Stop cursing him Martha and help me to get up." I said to divert her mind before she gets another bout of anger and gestured George to leave.

He looked at me with doubts but left as Dr. Wilson gestured him for the same.

Though Dr. Wilson was new here but I think he was more practised when it comes to handling this kind of cases.

He was supportive, caring, understanding and on top of all he called each one here with their respective name not just numbers.

"Dr. Wilson is trusting Number 41 too much." He grunted between lips while leaving. I saw him placing a needle in his pocket, that mean Martha was right. He was trying to inject her and take for shocks.

Why these ward boys thinks themselves The Doctor?

I looked at Dr. Wilson as Martha rushes to me to get me up from floor.

Though I was sitting there intentionally to get her full attention, I took her support and walk toward her bed. Whole room was messed up by her. Clothes, sheets, fruits from the side table even the table and few books She got to read were covering the floor.

I noticed there was no pen or pencil. I felt like a fool to remind myself how badly I fought with Dr. Wilson and Kathleen to get her a pencil at least in case she wants to high light any phrase or word or even want to write something on her own.

But they refused as they thought She wasn't ready, She wasn't out of that phase yet. I can see, they were right. The Last time was before I came here. I heard She had strangle her self with her own scrunchy only, that's when She had to say Goodbye to her long blonds.

"Here is the antiseptic. Can you apply it Martha?" Dr. Wilson said offering the tube to Martha.

"I would have done it myself but as you can see it's almost seven in morning and my shift is getting over. And you both must need some privacy to talk too, so I should leave." He added as Martha reaches him to get the antiseptic.

Dr. Wilson left the room after giving me an assuring smile. I know He wouldn't leave the asylum unless he makes sure that each one here is in control.

Of course there were other doctors too. But it was his nature to care about all as if they were his personal responsibility. And that made everyone connect with him. In last two months, since he had joined there was a clear improvement in conditions of each one.

He allowed to interact everyone, to talk and share their story. Only few critical cases were restrained to their rooms only.

"You shouldn't have come Sheron." Martha said between her sobs whipping the smear of blood from my forehead.