Chapter 2: An Unusual Situation

Marinette Dupain-Cheng

Marinette snuggled further into her pillows, mumbling, "Adrien...Luka...don't fight..."

Tikki, who had been trying to get her chosen to wake up put her little nubs on her hips and shook her head. The poor girl was having weird dreams. Her head must be a mess over those two boys. 

With a sigh the Kwami floated down to Marinette's cheek, poking it gently, "Wake up, Marinette! You're going to be late!"

The dark haired girl twitched her face and woke up, eyes snapping open, "What time is it Tikki?"

"It's time for school! Hurry!" Tikki zipped about the room, doing what she could to make the process go more quickly. 

Soon enough Marinette was rushing out of the bakery, bugging out over how late she was as she ran. She tripped her way up the stairs, dashed down the hall (foregoing a locker stop in order to actually get to class), and skidded to a halt outside Madam Bustier's room. 

With a deep breath she braced herself. The teacher's voice drifted through the door and the tardy girl could tell that the lesson had already begun. She groaned at her luck, but opened the door as discretely as possible, trying to cling to the wall as she crept to her seat.

"Marinette," Madam Bustier let the chalk stop partway through a letter with a sigh, "You're late again. And to be honest, your sneaking just draws attention..."

Chloe laughed at the fact her rival had been caught, with Sabrina echoing her mean spirited cackles.

Alya glared at the blonde girl, growling as her thoroughly embarrassed best friend sunk into the seat beside her, "That Chloe...no wonder the class has all been Akumatized!"

Marinette was not as worried about Chloe's taunts towards her. She was hoping Chat Noir was able to follow through with his promise from the night before and get a hold of the Peacock Miraculous. At Alya's comment about the class, though, she looked up, "Has everyone been akumatized? Really?"

Marinette racked her brain. After fighting so many Akuma, she hadn't bothered to track which members of her class had been affected by the creatures.

"Mmhmm," Alya nodded, "I think so...let's see..Nino was Bubbler-"

"That was because he was mad at Adrien's dad, not Chloe..." Marinette blinked as Alya sat with one finger held out to tick off the first Akumatized classmate. The tan skinned girl had a disbelieving look focused on her friend; and Mari quickly explained, "I mean, most of the class must have been Chloes fault...I just want to be fair, y'know? We all know Chloe is horrible already! Haha!"

Her nervous babble drew the attention of Madam Bustier, "Marinette! Please. I know you are a better student than this! I'm afraid this is the last warning; one more disruption and I'm sending you to the office."

"Ohhh, someone's being a trouble maker..." Chloe cackled, "I wouldn't even bother giving her another chance, Madam Bustier!"

"You be quiet too, Chloe!" The teacher reprimanded in frustration before going back to her lesson.

Marinette decided she probably ought to focus on her studies. It seemed like Alya was doing the same thing as her pencil moved across some paper; until that sheet of paper was discretely pushed Marinette's way. Lofting a brow at her friend, the blue-eyed girl looked at the sheet. In Alya's handwriting there was a list of students in the class, and who had been what Akuma, followed by the trigger, if known. They weren't in the order of attack, probably just as Alya thought of them.