Chapter 12: Weird Conversations

Author's Note

Sorry this took forever. Between writer's block, and RL stuff like work, health, exhaustion, and relationships of various kinds I've had my hands full (adulting...yikes). Then there's just plain distraction.

Here's the newest Chapter.

I've also been wondering if I should keep the title Paris is Weird or make it a bit more plot relevant. Something about trust, or suspicion of allies.

Like Distrusted Allies (aliance instead of allies?) or The Friend of My Enemy.

=======

Adrien Agreste

===

It was the day after the Invisitor battle. Adrien moved easily across his room to gather his things for school; yet his mind was anything but at ease. Everything had been crazy lately! The past few days played over in his mind like a news reel. If anything his smooth movements were just routine taking over as he lost himself in thought.

Climbing out of bed with a yawn he went over Monday: His (well Chat Noir's) talk with Ladybug about the missing Miraculous; and realizing his father actually had one hidden in that strange vault!

In the shower he thought about Tuesday: Having secured the peacock miraculous from the vault, keeping it with him at all times! (NOT!) Losing the darn thing at school, only for someone to find it and become Le Paon Mystique. Oh yeah, and some weirdness with Marinette and Luka that made him uneasy.

Brushing his teeth, and fixing his hair Wednesday was on his mind: Alya's fight with Chloe; the group assignments that he had chosen to do with Marinette; being told he had to choose a holder for the Turtle miraculous.

Thursday was his focus as he dressed: The Akuma attack. Working together with a large team like that for the first time. Giving Nino the miraculous (as Chat, of course).

He'd actually called Marinette after the Invisitor was defeated; instead of dropping by as Chat. He'd wanted to be sure she was ok. Her stammered reply was that she had been fine.

He chuckled to himself as he recalled; heading toward the stairs, only for an agitated Kwami to zip into his pocket.

"You remembered my cheese but forgot me!" Plagg complained, "Where's you head at, Kid"

"Sorry!", Adrien couldn't believe he had done that! Dashing the rest of the way down the steps, he slid into the limo where Nathalie was waiting with his daily schedule, and Gorilla sat behind the wheel.

"Then immediately following fencing there is a photo shoot for your father's new line," The assistant ran off his duties as they pulled up to the school.

"Right!" Adrien nodded, "Oh, Nathalie! I..uh...I have a group project, its about fashion as an art form, so I thought maybe, um... we could work on it at the house? If...if that's alright..."

"I'll talk to your father and work something out." Nathalie smiled tenderly at the boy she cared for as though he were her own, "Now, have a good day."

"Thanks, Nathalie!" Adrien grinned and climbed out of the car to where his best friend was waiting.

"Goood morning Nino!" Adrien exchanged fist bumps with his buddy before the headed into the school, "What's up?"

"Nothings up. Just the same stuff, you know, man!" Nino laughed awkwardly. Adrien smiled, wondering if maybe he had made a mistake entrusting a secret identity to his friend.