Chapter 9: Weird Battle

Author's Note

And here is a new chapter. Sorry if it's a bit sloppy. I had horrid writers block, and some family stuff that was a potential tragedy had me in a state that was just not suitable for long term focus which I need to write this stuff.

By the way, the potential tragedy turned into a genuine miracle. Some of you guys saw the posts about it I left on my profile and were super supportive, thanks. Its more than I had expected!

Long story short: around the end of October I thought I was going to lose my younger cousin to a superbug. Within three weeks she was moved from ICU to a rehab facility, and now they say she'll be out by Christmas.

Gonna say I dedicate this chapter to her.

<=====>

Adrien Agreste

Adrien really should have known an akuma would attack today, of all days. It had been so long since the last one he let his guard down; and the idea of the project he was going to be completing with Marinette (and Juleka) had him so pumped he wasn't exactly thinking about hero work.

He thought yesterday had gone fairly well, all things considered. Marinette had spoken up with her ideas, not fumbling too much with her words.

Juleka mostly mumbled along, but spoke up with encouragement. She had some good ideas.

They could present the project however they wanted, Mademoiselle Bustier had given the last tidbit as they wrapped up their group time, so they should come back for day two with ideas on that to share with their trio.

For Adrien, that was a no brainer.

They had barely settled into their group when the blonde spoke up eagerly, "We should do a fashion show!"

"W-What?" Marinette and Juleka stammered in unison.

"Sure, I mean, Marinette's an awesome designer!" Adrien insisted, not really noticing how the girl's cheeks glowed at the compliment, "We could look for vintage fashion photos or paintings of French nobles for the 'history' part and Marinette could design modern outfits and costumes based on the looks! Then we can model them."

"I-I'm really that not good.." Marinette rambled, "You're a good idea though...I mean your good...your idea's good!"

"Model? Me?" Juleka just repeated the phrase quietly a few times, like it was the last thing she ever thought she might be asked to do.

Suddenly a screech ripped into the classroom from outside. Everyone in their trio stiffened, looking to the window.

"Bathroom," Adrien spoke up louder than he had meant to and bolted from the room, some of his classmates staring after him.

Nino was hardly subtle in his protests about Alya leaving the room, which Adrien could hear behind him, along with Marinette assuring the DJ she would find her. Well, he didn't want the girls in danger, but he did need to get Nino alone at some point.

When he had ducked into the bathroom, Adrien slipped into a stall, opening his shirt to let Plagg fly out, "Okay, Plagg, time to go! Claw out!"

In a flash of lime green the hero emerged, speeding away without being noticed.

There were two things on his to do list. Find Nino to recruit him, and join the other heroes in their fight. Ideally, these would be achieved in this order. The black cat was finding it a bit hard to focus, though. The invisible people were hard to dodge, even if he could hear their screams quite clearly.