Chapter 8

"What do you mean too late?" YuLong asked.

LongJun smiled and took her hand, "Do you have feelings for me YuLong?"

"I...I..." YuLong paused, If she said no, she knew she would be lying. But it was worth it. Love in a palace was dangerous for both people. YuLong and LongJun were no exception. "What feelings?"

LongJun pulled her into his embrace, YuLong gasped. LongJun chuckled, "Romantic feelings of course. The kind that make you like being with that person, the kind that makes your heart flutter whenever that one person is around."

LongJun's eyes fell onto hers, YuLong couldn't exactly deny it. But she wasn't ready to flat out admit it. "I don't think so." YuLong knew her eyes gave her away. How could she not have feelings for LongJun? They grew stronger by the minute.

"Then kiss me."

"W...What?" YuLong was confused, "How would that help prove anything?"

LongJun pulled her in tighter into his embrace. "Kiss me, and then tell me that you hate the feeling of my lips pressed onto yours." LongJun leaned in slowly, "Tell me how disgusted you are at the thought of being with me, then I'll believe you don't have feelings for me."

YuLong's gaze flickered to his lips. She slowly put one hand to his face. One kiss, just one. It couldn't hurt, right?

"Fine."

She stood on her tiptoes and kissed him. Nothing else mattered. The kiss felt amazing, it was what she wanted to do a long time ago. But she couldn't accept the fact that she would fall for someone that easily.

When they pulled away YuLong looked down, "I'm sorry your majesty, I have to go."

LongJun furrowed his brow, "But-"

"Good night."